CONNECTING IN BRUSSELS
Journeys to The Netherlands and Any Belgian Station connect through Brussels Midi/Zuid station. Find out what you need to do.
Connecting in Brussels Midi/Zuid
After taking the train to Brussels you can travel on to The Netherlands, Germany or any Belgian station by connecting with a Thalys or Deutsche Bahn ICE train in Brussels Midi/Zuid. You will find all the information you need to make your connection in Brussels below and you can also download our easy to follow guides for onward travel to Belgium and the Netherlands.
From the Eurostar platform:
- Take the main exit at the far end of the platform and go down to the main part of the station.
- Check the departure board for your connecting train (Thalys and ICE usually leave from platforms 3,4, 5 and 6)
- If you’re travelling to the Netherlands or Germany, mandatory security checks are now taking place for Thalys and ICE trains leaving Brussels-Midi/Zuid station. Your ticket, ID and luggage will be checked before you’re able to go to the platform.
- When you get to the station, head straight to the Thalys information desk. You’ll find it on the right after the Eurostar check-in area and the SNCB ticket office.
- If you miss your connection, the SNCB ticket office team will be happy to help.
On the way back:
- Go to the main station area on the ground floor
- You'll find the Eurostar check-in under platforms 1 and 2 (opposite Sam’s Café)
- Get to the Eurostar check-in at least 30 minutes before departure, 10 minutes if you’re travelling Business Premier.
If you miss your Eurostar, Thalys or ICE connection because of delays with your previous high-speed service, don’t worry. Speak to the train manager before you leave the train and they’ll help you get the next available train.