Terms and conditions
Website terms and conditions
For terms and conditions for eVouchers and Paper Gift Vouchers please scroll down. Your use of this website is governed by the following terms and conditions:
1. This website provides information on Eurostar products and timetables and you will be transferred automatically to your local Eurostar distributor company website to book your requested ticket. Contracts to purchase the tickets will be made only with the Eurostar distributor company and will be governed by its terms and conditions
2. To the extent permitted by law, any disputes arising from your use of this website or any information contained in it shall be governed by English law and the Courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
3. Eurostar International Limited disclaims any liability for the reproduction of this website through a third party website or access to this website obtained through a third party website or any user’s home page, which reproduction misstates or omits any of the information or limitations and conditions on the fares and products offered through this website.
4. Links to this website shall not be setup without the written consent of Eurostar International Limited. Requests for linking should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org .
5. The copyright and trademark protected material including, by way of example only, the trade mark "Eurostar", reproductions of Eurostar trains and the Eurostar waves logo contained in this website belong to Eurostar International Limited or its associated companies. All rights are reserved by Eurostar International Limited and its associated companies. Except solely for your own personal and non-commercial use, no part of this website may be copied, published, broadcast or adapted without the prior written consent of Eurostar International Limited.
6. To the extent permitted by English law, this website is provided without any warranty or term of any kind, whether express or implied, including but not limited to any implied warranties or implied terms of satisfactory quality or fitness for any purpose.
7. To the extent permitted by English law, and excluding liability for death and personal injury, neither Eurostar International Limited nor any Eurostar distributor company shall be liable to any person for any damage whatsoever including any direct, indirect or consequential loss whatsoever which may arise from the use of this website or any of the information contained in this website or from any access to any other material on the internet via links from this website. Eurostar International Limited assumes no responsibility whatsoever for the accuracy, timely delivery, security or privacy of any transmission made via the internet involving persons or computers systems beyond its control including credit card or other personal information.
8. You agree not to use Eurostar International Limited’s website in any way that will violate or infringe any English laws, regulations or international treaties and that your use of the website will not violate the intellectual property rights of any person.
9. You agree that your use of Eurostar International Limited’s website shall only be for lawful purposes and that you shall not use the website for the transmission of any material or information which is defamatory, obscene or in violation of trade secrets. You agree not to use automated systems or software to extract data from Eurostar International Limited’s website for commercial purposes (‘screen scraping’) and you acknowledge that screen-scraping of Eurostar International Limited’s website is prohibited unless you have in place a written licence agreement with Eurostar International Limited in which Eurostar International Limited grants access to you to Eurostar International Limited’s timetable information for the purpose of price comparison.
10. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Eurostar International Limited against all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, costs and expenses incurred or suffered by Eurostar by reason of any breach of the responsibilities set out in paragraphs 8 and/or 9 above.
11. The invalidity or unenforceability of any of these terms and conditions shall not affect, impair or invalidate any of the remaining terms and conditions.
12. This website is owned and operated by Eurostar International Limited. Registered office: Times House, Bravingtons Walk, London N1 9AW England; No:02462001; VAT Number GB 991 292 001. Registered in England
13. While Eurostar International Limited has taken every effort to ensure that the information contained within the website is correct at the time of going live, Eurostar International Limited cannot be held responsible for any errors and omissions or any information which may be incomplete, inaccurate or may have become out of date. Whilst Eurostar International Limited tries to ensure all fares, conditions and times are correct it cannot be held responsible for errors or omissions.
14. Eurostar International Limited has made every effort to check and test material at all stages of production. It is always wise for you to run an anti-virus program on all material downloaded from the Internet. Eurostar International Limited cannot accept any responsibility for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or your computer system which may occur whilst using material derived from this website.
Eurostar cancellation and goodwill e-voucher terms & conditions
If you have a train only booking and you’re claiming an e-voucher because your train has been cancelled, the following applies:
- e-voucher requests need to be submitted no later than 60 days after your initial outbound travel date through Manage Your Booking.
- e-vouchers received for a cancelled journey are valid for 12 months from date of issue, and can be used to make a new booking before the expiry date indicated in the email you receive confirming your e-voucher.
- You don’t have to travel before the expiry date, simply make your booking by then.
- This does not affect your statutory rights.
If you’re claiming an e-voucher because you’re due to travel before 30 September 2021, and you prefer to postpone your trip, the following applies:
- Your request for an e-voucher must be submitted at least 7 days before the departure time on your outbound travel date. Beyond this point you will not be able to claim a voucher. If you apply for an e-voucher after your outbound travel date but 7 days before your return inbound journey we will be able to issue an e-voucher equal to the value of your inbound journey only.
- You will receive an e-voucher which will be valid to book up to 30 December 2021. You don’t have to travel by 30 December 2021, simply make your new booking by this date.
Eurostar paper vouchers terms and conditions
Eurostar paper vouchers may only be used in accordance with the terms and conditions.
They may be used as full or part payment against the cost of:
- any Eurostar ticket purchased at the locations shown below; and/or
- goods purchased at Eurostar outlets (for a list of these outlets visit eurostar.com or call the Eurostar Contact Centre as shown below).
It may only be redeemed in the U.K, in person, at the following locations:
- St Pancras International Ticket office
- Ebbsfleet International Ticket office
- Ashford International Ticket office
or by phone through Eurostar’s Contact Centre on 03448 224 777**.
This voucher is not refundable or exchangeable for any form of cash or credit alternative other than described above.
It will not be accepted if it has been damaged, defaced or spoiled or has been tampered with or altered in any way.
Eurostar International Limited shall not be liable to any person in the event of a Eurostar gift voucher being stolen, damaged or lost, regardless of whether it has been used.
Conditions of Carriage and fare terms apply for travel on Eurostar. Eurostar tickets are subject to availability, which may be limited.
**Calls charged at national rates. Please note that no booking fee applies for customer paying with Eurostar gift vouchers.
Unless agreed otherwise, English law will apply and all communications and documentation in relation to this policy will be in English. In the event of a dispute concerning this policy the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
General terms and conditions for promotional codes (“General Terms and Conditions”)
1. By applying for Eurostar tickets using the promotional code, you will be deemed to have read and understood these General Terms and Conditions and agreed to be bound by them.
2. These General Terms and Conditions apply in conjunction with any specific terms and conditions attached to the promotional codes. Any specific terms will be clearly specified in the promotional code voucher, email or any other media used to advertise the promotional code.
3. In order to qualify for the promotional code discount, you must be aged 18 years or over at the time of purchasing your Eurostar train ticket.
4. The promotional code may only be used at the Eurostar website, www.eurostar.com towards the purchase of tickets for Eurostar train services. You cannot redeem the promotional code against any ancillary products. Additionally, the promotional code cannot be applied to any package bookings. You are free to book hotels, car-hire and other ancillary products separately.
5. You can only use the promotional code once. You cannot use the promotional code in conjunction with any other offer or promotional code.
6. The promotional code has a cash redemption value of 0.001p and is not transferable or assignable.
7. Eurostar International Limited reserves the right to decline to accept orders where, in their sole opinion, they consider a promotion code is invalid for the order being placed.
8. Eurostar reserves the right to change these General Terms and Conditions at any time.
9. Eurostar reserves the right to terminate the validity of the promotional code at any time.
10. Travel using the promotional code is subject to availability and levels of availability to all destinations may change.
11. Eurostar train tickets can be printed at home using the “Print-at-home” facility on www.eurostar.com.
12. The promotional code cannot be applied to child fares. If you wish to use the promotional code for a child they will be required to travel at the adult rate. If you wish to purchase a child fare you will need to refer to Eurostar points of sale. Where child fares are booked separately to the promotional tickets, there is no guarantee that separately booked tickets can be seated together.
13. Payment for tickets under the promotional code may only be made by Maestro, Delta or Visa debit card, or by American Express, Mastercard, (online only), Delta International or Visa credit cards. Payment by cash or cheque will not be accepted. A £4 fee will apply to all credit card bookings, there will be no fee for debit card bookings.
14. You are responsible for your own connecting transportation to any of the Eurostar stations and any connections in Brussels. Connecting trains in Brussels on the outbound and inbound journey must be taken within 24 hours of arrival in, or departure from, Brussels.
15. You must comply with all relevant security, customs and immigration requirements, including the appropriate passport and visa requirements. Eurostar will not be responsible for any passenger’s failure to comply with the above requirements. You and your travelling companions are strongly advised to take out adequate travel insurance.
16. No alterations, refunds or exchanges will be permitted once the reservation has been accepted.
17. Eurostar does not undertake to issue duplicate tickets to replace lost, stolen or mislaid tickets.
18. By applying for Eurostar train tickets under this promotion you will be deemed to have read and understood the Eurostar International Limited Conditions of Carriage and the Eurostar International Limited Conditions of Sale and agreed to be bound by them. Copies of the Conditions of Carriage and Conditions of Sale may be obtained by writing to Eurostar UK Sales, Times House, Bravingtons Walk, London, N1 9AW or via the website: www.eurostar.com.
19. Eurostar shall not be responsible for any indirect, special or consequential damages or losses suffered by you or any third parties.
20. You and your travelling companions must check in 30 minutes before departure and you may not be allowed to board the train if you do not do so. Eurostar will not be liable for any passenger failing to make the departure time indicated on their tickets.
21. Eurostar shall not be liable for any costs, claims, damages or loss occasioned by any failure, however caused, to fulfil the terms of this promotion.
22. Eurostar shall not be liable for any failure to fulfil this promotion where such failure is caused by any supervening circumstances amounting to force majeure. Such circumstances shall include, but shall not be limited to severe weather conditions, fire, flood, earthquake, riots, industrial dispute, acts of God, supervening legislation or events which, without the fault of either party, render performance impossible or incapable of satisfactory execution.
23. Eurostar reserves the right to refuse to honour any promotional booking or to recover the full fare for any booking if it considers there has been an abuse of this promotion or breach of the terms and conditions of this promotion.
24. The decision of Eurostar in all matters under its respective control is final and binding.
25. All tickets offered under this promotion are non-exchangeable (i.e. no cash or other alternative will be offered instead of the tickets) and non-refundable and tickets may not be transferred to third parties. If you wish to cancel your ticket, for whatever reason, no refund or alternative tickets will be given. Once the bookings have been confirmed, reservations may not be changed.
26. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by English Law and the exclusive jurisdictions of the English Courts shall apply.
27. The Promoter of this promotion is: Eurostar International Limited: Times House Bravingtons Walk, London N1 9AW
This agreement governs the terms of access to the entertainment and wireless internet service and associated mobile application (the “app”) provided by Eurostar International Limited (“Eurostar”, “we” or “us”) for use onboard wi-fi enabled Eurostar trains (together the “service”).
In order to use the service, you need to be 18 or older, or be 13 or older and have your parent or guardian’s consent to this agreement.
Wi-fi terms and conditions
1. The agreement between you and us
1.1 By using the service you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions in full.
1.2 We may revise this agreement at any time and the terms which will apply to the service are the terms which are current at the point at which you access the service.
1.3 You warrant that any registration information that you submit to us is true, accurate and complete.
2. The service
2.1 You are responsible for providing any hardware and software necessary for you to access the service and the compatibility of that hardware and software. You accept the risk of any failures to your hardware and/or software as a result of using the service.
2.2 Eurostar is providing this service to customers free of charge, and it is intended to support general web browsing activities and use of the train’s pre-loaded entertainment content. Due to limited bandwidth and to ensure a consistent experience for all customers, the service does not support high-bandwidth actions such as streaming music, streaming video or downloading large files from external locations and speed restrictions may be applied to your access.
2.4 You accept that we may restrict access to specific websites or content genres at our discretion. You accept that we may modify these restrictions from time to time.
2.5 We reserve the right at all times to withdraw the service, change the specifications, entertainment content or manner of use of the service in any way whatsoever.
2.6 If you use the app to access the services you agree that it is licenced to you on the basis of this agreement and subject to any rules or policies applied by any app store provider or operator from whose site you downloaded the app. We do not sell the app to you and we remain the owners of the app at all times and all the trade marks, copyright, database rights and other intellectual property rights in the app belong to us or our licensors. From time to time updates to the app may be issued. Depending on the update, you may not be able to use the some or all of the services until you have downloaded the latest version of the app and accepted any new terms.
3. Your conduct
3.1 You must not use the service for any unlawful, immoral or improper purpose and in accessing the service you must:
(i) Act lawfully – do not act in any way that could be unlawful or encourage others to act unlawfully. In particular, do not infringe intellectual property rights, do not act in any way that could prejudice minors, do not reveal confidential or sensitive information and do not engage in any criminal offence or encourage others to do so.
(ii) Act responsibly – the service is provided on the basis that you use it responsibly. You accept that there may be children or vulnerable people nearby who can see or hear how you are using the service. You must not undertake actions that are harassing, defamatory, threatening, obscene, abusive, racist, sexist, discriminatory, offensive or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate. Do not to attempt to modify the service in any way. Do not pretend to be anyone other than yourself. Do not collect email addresses or other personal details or use the service to send spam. Do not disturb other people nearby with excessive noise or alarming imagery. Do not to infringe upon the privacy of others while using the service, this includes the transmission of still or moving imagery of other people nearby.
(iii) Act reasonably – do not use the service in any way that may affect the running of the service or network or other technology connected to it (for example, other users’ devices). To ensure the provision of a quality of service to all our customers and to ensure that the behaviour of some does not disadvantage the majority of our customers, you agree to abide by any fair use policy which we may apply.
3.2 You agree that you will stop using, or modify your use of the service if requested to do so by any employee or agent of Eurostar.
3.3 In relation to the app, except as expressly set out in this agreement or as permitted by any local law, you agree:
(i) not to copy the app except where such copying is incidental to normal use of the app;
(ii) not to rent, lease, sub-license, loan, translate, merge, adapt, vary or modify the app;
(iii) not to make alterations to, or modifications of, the whole or any part of the app, or permit the app or any part of it to be combined with, or become incorporated in, any other programs; and
(iv) not to disassemble, decompile, reverse-engineer or create derivative works based on the whole or any part of the app or attempt to do any such thing except to the extent that such actions cannot be prohibited.
4.1 You acknowledge and agree:
(i) that the Service may not be uninterrupted or error-free;
(ii) that delays or omissions may occur when sending and receiving data;
(iii) that your device may be exposed to viruses or other harmful applications through the service;
(iv) the service is provided over a public wi-fi network and this has inherent security risks. Eurostar does not guarantee the security of the service and that unauthorized third parties may access your computer or files or otherwise monitor your connection. By using the service you assume all responsibility and risk for use of the service;
(v) Eurostar does not control, nor is it in any way liable for, data or content that you access or receive via the internet when you use the service;
(vi) that we are not responsible for restricting access to data or content that may offend or upset you;
(vii) that it is your responsibility to ensure that any minors in your care watch age appropriate material only. You acknowledge and agree that Eurostar is not able to control, nor is it in any way liable for, minors watching inappropriate or upsetting content;
(viii) access to the internet via the service is dependent on the train having a good signal from the local mobile telephone network transmitters and receivers therefore we cannot guarantee full service all the time. There will be interruptions to access to the internet via service when the train passes through tunnels and other features that block the signals to and from the local transmitters and receivers. We cannot guarantee that data such as emails and web pages will be sent and received satisfactorily;
(ix) the service is provided on an "as is", "as available" basis without warranties of any kind. All warranties, conditions, representations, indemnities and guarantees with respect to the content or service and the operation, capacity, speed, functionality, qualifications, or capabilities of the service whether express or implied, arising by law, custom, prior oral or written statements by Eurostar, or otherwise (including, but not limited to any warranty of satisfactory quality, merchantability, fitness for particular purpose, title and non-infringement) are hereby overridden, excluded and disclaimed to the fullest extent possible under law; and
(x) that Eurostar’s ability to provide the service free of charge is based on the limited warranties, disclaimers and limitations of liability specified in this agreement and it would require a substantial charge if any of these provisions were unenforceable.
5.1 We are only liable to you as set out in this agreement. We have no other duty or liability to you. You are solely responsible for your use of the service and the consequences of such use.
5.2 You agree that, except for death and personal injury arising from the negligence of Eurostar, we shall not be liable in contract, tort, negligence, statutory duty or otherwise for any loss or damage whatsoever arising from or in connection with the service, including without limitation damage for loss of business, loss of profits or revenue, business interruption, loss of business information, loss of the use of the service, loss of goods, loss of contracts, loss or corruption or information or data or any other direct or indirect pecuniary loss (even where we have been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage).
5.3 You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Eurostar and its suppliers, licensors, officers, directors, employees, agents and affiliates from any claim, liability, loss, damage, cost, or expense (including without limitation reasonable legal costs) arising out of or related to your use of the service, any materials downloaded or uploaded through the service, any actions taken by you in connection with your use of the service, any violation of any third party's rights or an violation of law or regulation, or any breach of this agreement. This section will not be construed to limit or exclude any other claims or remedies that Eurostar may assert under this agreement or by law.
6. General provisions
6.1 Except as otherwise provided above, any waiver, amendment or other modification of this agreement will not be effective unless in writing and signed by the party against whom enforcement is sought. If any provision of this agreement is held to be unenforceable, in whole or in part, such holding will not affect the validity of the other provisions of this agreement.
6.2 This agreement shall be governed by English law and the parties hereby irrecoverably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Version: 4 December 2015