Connecting in Brussels Midi/Zuid
On arrival in Brussels with Eurostar you can transfer to a Thalys or Deutsche Bahn ICE train to travel onward to the Netherlands and Germany, or hop on a local train to other cities in Belgium. You'll find all the information you need to make your connection in Brussels below and you can also download our easy to follow guide to connecting at Brussels Midi/Zuid.
If you have to catch a connecting train in the main terminal building, please give yourself at least an hour to find the correct platform.
Travelling from the UK
- Take the exit on the Eurostar platform and go down to the main part of the station.
- Check the departures board for your connecting train – Thalys and ICE usually leave from platforms 3,4, 5 and 6.
- If you’re travelling to the Netherlands or Germany, mandatory security checks are now taking place for Thalys and ICE trains leaving Brussels-Midi/Zuid station. Your ticket, ID and luggage will be checked before you’re able to go to the platform.
- Head to the platform and hop on board when your train arrives.
Travelling to the UK
- Take the exit on your platform and go down to the main part of the station.
- Find the Channel Terminal area, under platforms 1 and 2.
Standard and Standard Premier
Please arrive at the Channel Terminal area 45-60 minutes before departure.
The Business Premier ticket gate closes 10 minutes before departure.
- Scan your ticket barcode at the ticket gates, then go through security and passport control.
- Once you’re through, look out for your train on the departures board.
If you miss your Eurostar, Thalys or ICE connection because of delays to your high-speed train’s journey, don’t worry. Speak to the train manager before you leave the train and they’ll help you get a seat on the next train.