All about our company, our service and our brand
What is Eurostar?
Eurostar is the only high speed train that directly links the UK to France and Belgium via the Channel Tunnel. We take our travellers from city centre to city centre, and have been since 1994.
Since then, we’ve carried over 150 million passengers. We take thousands of people a day to Paris, Brussels, Lille, Calais, Disneyland® Paris and more, and we also run much-loved seasonal trains to the South of France in summer and the French and Swiss Alps for skiing in the winter.
Until 13 November 2007, our trains left the UK from London Waterloo International. By 14 November we were well and truly settled in our new home, St. Pancras International, just in time to celebrate the completion of the second section of the UK's first high-speed line, HS1.
Just a few days later, we began to run services from another new station, Ebbsfleet International in Kent. Our travellers can also board at our other Kent station, Ashford International.
Paris, Brussels and beyond
Since 1994, we’ve more than doubled the total number of passengers travelling (whether by air or train) between London and Paris and Brussels. Today, we’re taking our customers even further.
With a simple change in Paris, Brussels or Lille, you can connect to over 100 European destinations, including the Netherlands, Switzerland and even Germany, as well as dozens of vibrant and unforgettable cities across France and Belgium.
Find out more
Setting the standard for international train travel
We’ve always been at the cutting edge of innovation in our industry. From being one of the first train companies to introduce business lounges and a loyalty programme, all the way to the everyday advantages of travelling by train rather than plane.
Why travel with Eurostar?
It’s très simple.
- Seamless city centre to city centre travel
- No shuttle buses to the city, no baggage reclaim, no worrying about liquids at security
- Up to eighteen trains a day
- Faster than flying, door to door
- Great value fares
- Fast and convenient check-in at just 30 minutes for Standard and Standard Premier passengers and 10 minutes for Business Premier travellers
- Comfort and space to work or unwind
- Simple and generous compensation policy for delays or cancellations
- Up to 80% less carbon dioxide emissions than flying
Simplicity and speed
Our trains can reach a maximum speed of 300km per hour (that’s 186 miles per hour) on the high speed lines in the UK, France and Belgium.
Our regular journey times are:
- London to Paris - 2 hours 12 minutes
- London to Brussels - 2 hours 1 minute
- London to Lille - 1 hour 22 minutes