Trains to Bordeaux from £63* one wayConditions apply
Terms and conditions
Price based on a return journey and tickets at this fare are only available for travel (according to your local departure time): • between midday and midnight on a Monday • anytime on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday • between midday and midnight on a Saturday. Subject to availability at the time of booking. A £3 credit card fee may apply.
Elegant and bursting with charm, there’s more to Bordeaux than fine wine and good food (though that’s a very good place to start). So get sightseeing and work up an appétit.
Free and cheap
- Enjoy free entry to the Musée d’Aquitaine on the first Sunday of the month.
- Stroll around the Jardin Public or Parc Palmer.
- Admire the gothic splendour of St Michel church.
What’s on in Bordeaux?
- June: Les Epicuriales
- June (even years): Bordeaux Wine Festival
- Sept: Marathon du Médoc
- Oct: Vin Nouveau et Brocante (wine and antiques fair)
Food glorieux food
Try grenier Médocain, a regional recipe for succulent pork charcuterie, perfectly paired with a beautiful Bordeaux wine. Bring a few bottles back, to re-live the holiday at home.
Burgundy makes you think of silly things, Bordeaux makes you talk of them and Champagne makes you do them.