Eurostar Holidays Ltd
Terms and Conditions for City Break / Train + Hotel Package Bookings
Important Note: These Booking Terms and Conditions apply to City Break / Train + Hotel bookings only. If you have booked a standalone Hotel, Eurostar train journey or other products, please refer to the applicable product specific terms and conditions. If you are unsure as to whether you have booked a City Break / Train + Hotel package, please refer to your confirmation email.
1. Your contract
1. The contract for your City Break / Train + Hotel is between you and Eurostar Holidays Limited, a private limited company registered in England and Wales with company number 11005481 with registered office at Times House, Bravingtons Walk, London N1 9AW, United Kingdom (“Eurostar Holidays”). Your City Break / Train + Hotel booking is a “package” under Directive (EU) 2015/2302 (the Package Travel Directive). If you book a hotel through Eurostar Holidays Limited within 24 hours of booking a Eurostar train ticket, this will not be a package but it may be a Linked Travel Arrangement under the Package Travel Directive.
2. A contract will exist between you and Eurostar Holidays as soon as we issue our confirmation invoice. Our contract with you is made on the terms of these Booking Terms and Conditions. Although your contract is with Eurostar Holidays, the components of your City Break / Train + Hotel package are provided by Third Party Suppliers. “Third Party Supplier” means either (i) the accommodation provider, for a Hotel; (ii) Eurostar International Limited (“Eurostar”), for a Eurostar train journey; and/or (iii) the relevant carrier, for a non-Eurostar train journey.
3. Third Party Suppliers may also have terms and conditions that apply to your booking in addition to these Terms and Conditions . These will be made available to you before you make a booking and in your confirmation email.
4. If at the time of your City Break / Train + Hotel booking, you also purchased additional products such as travel insurance or car hire (“Additional Products”), please refer to the terms and conditions of the relevant service provider, including in case of cancellation or modification of your booking, which can be found using the links on our website. Additional Products are not part of your package with Eurostar Holidays and are provided by Eurostar Holidays as agent for the relevant service provider.
2. ABTA membership, IPP membership and financial protection
For City Break / Train + Hotel bookings made through our UK website:
1. We are a member of ABTA under membership number Y6504/P7255. We are obliged by ABTA’s Code of Conduct to maintain a high standard of service to you
2. We provide full financial protection for all our City Break / Train + Hotel bookings by way of a bond held by ABTA Limited. For further information, please refer to the ABTA website.
For City Break / Train + Hotel bookings made through our EU non-UK websites:
3. We provide full financial protection for all our City Break / Train + Hotel bookings through International Passenger Protection Limited which is underwritten by Liberty Mutual Insurance Europe SE. For further information, please refer to www.ipplondon.co.uk.
3. The price of your City Break / Train + Hotel and payment
1. Payment must be made in full at the time of booking.
2. We reserve the right to alter the prices of any of the products shown on our website. You will be advised of the current price of the product that you wish to book before your contract is confirmed.
3. Subject to clauses 3.4 and 3.5, once you have made a booking, the price of your City Break / Train + Hotel package is fully guaranteed and will not be subject to any changes.
4. For a Hotel the price does not include:
- local city, tourist, resort or other taxes (where applicable) which need to be paid directly to the accommodation provider;
- deposits to cover incidentals which some accommodation providers may require to be provided at check-in; and
- unless otherwise stated, fees for supplementary services that may be offered by the accommodation provider, including, but not limited to, supplements for extra people not included in the original booking; drinks and meals; phone calls; films; items from the mini-bar; and tips, and more generally any service not expressly included in the booking confirmation, which need to be paid directly to the accommodation provider.
5. For a Train, unless otherwise stated, the price does not include the cost of travel to your departure station(s), or food and drink consumed during travel.
6. Please note that we are not able to issue VAT invoices for your City Break / Train + Hotel booking.
7. Promotional codes. The use of promotional codes as part of your booking (“Promo Code”) is subject to:
- the relevant terms and conditions applicable to the Promo Code; and
- these Terms and Conditions.
4. Booking documentation
- Once you have made a booking, we will send you a confirmation email together with any other necessary information for your City Break / Train + Hotel booking. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have received your confirmation email and other necessary information. We are not liable if you do not receive your confirmation email or any other information due to circumstances reasonably outside our control including, but not limited to, the following: (i) you gave us an incorrect email address; (ii) your email settings won’t allow our email to reach you; or (iii) your email settings treat the email as spam.
- For a Hotel: Unless otherwise specified in your confirmation email, you must show your Hotel booking voucher on arrival at the hotel. Details of how to retrieve your Hotel booking voucher can be found in your confirmation email.
- For Eurostar train travel: You can either print your tickets at home by following the instructions set out in your confirmation email, or collect your tickets from one of the automated ticket machines at your departure station using the six letter booking reference set out in your confirmation email.
- For non-Eurostar train travel: You may need to collect your tickets from your departure or connecting station.
- You will receive separate confirmation emails for any Additional Products purchased at the time of your City Break/Train + Hotel booking, which will contain information about how to collect your Additional Products.
- We are not responsible for any other activities undertaken by anyone named on your booking that are not part of your City Break / Train + Hotel booking, including, but not limited to, the following: (i) sporting activities; (ii) excursions; or (iii) car rental.
5. Passport, visas and medical matters
- You are responsible for ensuring that you are in possession of a valid passport or other valid travel documents when you travel, and that you have obtained all necessary visas or other immigration documents which you need for all countries through which your journey passes. You should confirm your specific passport and visa requirements and other immigration requirements with the relevant embassies and/or consulates. If you attempt to travel without a valid passport or other necessary travel documents, you may not be allowed to board the train. In such circumstances a refund or exchange is only available where the ticket type allows and may be subject to exchange and service fees. We are not liable if you or any person in your booking is denied boarding, deported or charged a fine due to non-compliance with a Third Party Suppliers’ and/or governmental rules and regulations.
- If you are in difficulty during your City Break / Train + Hotel stay and ask us to help, we will provide appropriate assistance, in particular by providing information on health services, local authorities and consular assistance, helping you to find alternative arrangements and make any necessary phone calls or emails. If the difficulty is not our fault, you must pay any costs we incur.
6. Assistance for disabled passengers and persons with reduced mobility
1. If you are a person with a disability or if you have reduced mobility, you are requested to notify us at least 48 hours prior to your departure by calling our Contact Centre if you require any assistance. Eurostar’s Access Rules, information on how to get in touch with the Contact Centre and other travel information for disabled passengers are published on our website: www.eurostar.com.
7. Amendment, cancellations and/or refunds
- All applicable amendment and cancellation conditions will be made available to you before you complete your booking. Completion of your booking signifies your acceptance of these terms.
- Amendment by you. We offer two types of City Break / Train + Hotel bookings:
- bookings that are non-changeable once your booking has been confirmed; and
- bookings that are changeable with payment of administration fees (such fees representing our costs for making the change) and any difference in price up to 48 hours before departure.
- If you need to change a changeable booking (for whatever reason) or correct any errors you provided to us during the booking process, you will need to contact Eurostar directly on +44 (0)3432 186 186. All changes are subject to availability and cannot be guaranteed.
- If a change is possible, we will make a new booking reflecting your changes and take payment for the new booking. Any refund on the previous booking will be processed separately, less any administrative fees, and repaid to you. Cancellation by you: You or anyone in your party may cancel a City Break / Train + Hotel booking at any time by sending written notice to us. Since we incur costs in cancelling your travel arrangements, you will have to pay cancellation charges, which may be up to 100% of the cost of your booking. If the reason for your cancellation is covered under the terms of your insurance policy, you may be able to reclaim these charges.
- You may cancel your booking without paying cancellation charges if the performance of your City Break / Train + Hotel package or the carriage of passengers to your destination is significantly affected by unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances. In such circumstances, we will arrange for your booking to be terminated and for you to receive a full refund. We will observe advice provided by the UK Foreign & Commonwealth Office.
- If you wish to transfer your booking to another person (the “transferee”), you must let us know in writing at least seven days before your departure date. The transferee must satisfy and accept the terms and conditions applicable to your booking, including these Booking Terms and Conditions. Both you and the transferee will be responsible for the payment of (i) any balance due on your booking; and (ii) any costs incurred by us in making the transfer, which may include the cost of a new train ticket. You will be advised of these costs in advance of the transfer being made.
- If you wish to amend or cancel any an Additional Products, please refer to the terms and conditions of the relevant service provider.
- Amendment/cancellation by us. We reserve the right to make changes to or cancel your booking at any time, though the price of your booking will be guaranteed in accordance with clause 3.3.
- Subject to applicable laws, if we cancel or make a major change to your booking, we will contact you as soon as reasonably possible using the contact details you provided at the time of your booking. You will have the choice of either:
- accepting a substitute City Break / Train + Hotel package of comparable quality, subject to availability (if the substitute package is cheaper, the price difference will be refunded to you); or
- cancelling your booking with a full refund.
10. If you elect to cancel your booking with a full refund under clause 7.9.2, you may be entitled to compensation unless the change or cancellation occurs by reason of an Event Outside Our Control (as defined in clause 11). Whether compensation is due and the level of such compensation will be assessed on a case by case basis.
11. If we make a change to your booking after your departure date, we will offer you an appropriate substitute (if possible) at no additional cost. If it is not possible to offer you an appropriate substitute or you do not accept the substitute arrangements for good reason, we will return you to the place of your departure where possible.
8. If you have a complaint
During your stay
1. If you have a complaint during your holiday, please inform the relevant Third Party Supplier immediately and not later than 24 hours after your arrival. Failure to do so will mean we have been deprived of the opportunity to investigate and rectify your complaint during your trip and this may affect your rights under these Booking Terms and Conditions.
After your stay
2. If your complaint is not resolved locally, you must follow this up within 28 days of your scheduled return home by writing to Eurostar’s Traveller Care department (for contact details, see our website /uk-en/contact-us/eurostar-contact-details?faq). Complaints received after this deadline will not be considered.
3. Please include your booking reference and all details relevant to your complaint. We will endeavour to acknowledge receipt of all complaints within one (1) month of receiving them and will provide you with a response to your complaint no later than two (2) months of the date of the complaint. For more information, see our Complaints Handling Procedure at https://content-static.eurostar.com/documents/Complaints_Handling_Procedure.pdf. Where appropriate, we will pass your complaint to with the responsible Third Party Supplier.
4. If you have submitted a complaint to Eurostar’s Traveller Care department relating to your City Break / Train + Hotel booking but are not satisfied with the response, or if you have not received any response within two months as stated above, you can contact in English or French La Médiation Tourisme et Voyage (MTV) online or via post at the following address: MTV Médiation Tourisme Voyage, BP 80 303, 75823 Paris Cedex 17, France.
5. If you have submitted a complaint to Eurostar’s Traveller Care department relating to travel on a Eurostar train only and you are not satisfied with the response, or if you have not received any response within three months, you can contact in English or French the Médiateur SNCF Mobilités either online on the following link www.sncf.com/mediateur-mobilites or by post to: Médiateur SNCF Mobilités, TSA 37701 – 59973 Tourcoing Cedex– France. The applicable rules and procedure when submitting a request to the Médiateur SNCF Mobilité are governed by a Mediation agreement (‘Protocole de médiation’) Eurostar International Limited has entered into. The Protocole de médiation is accessible online at: http://www.sncf.com/en/customer- relations/ombudsman/requesting-mediation; and in the Médiateur SNCF Mobilités’ annual report.
6. In addition, a European online dispute resolution (ODR) platform exists to facilitate access to Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) for complaints. The platform can be accessed at http://ec.europa.eu/odr and claims submitted to the platform will be addressed in accordance with Regulation EU 524/2013.
7. For City Break / Train + Hotel bookings made through our UK website, we can also offer you ABTA’s scheme for the resolution of disputes which is approved by the Chartered Trading Standard Institute. If we cannot resolve your complaint, go to www.abta.com to follow ABTA’s simple procedure. For City Break / Train + Hotel bookings made through our non-UK websites, we can also offer you IPP’s scheme for the resolution of disputes which is underwritten by Liberty Mutual Insurance Europe SE. If we cannot resolve your complaint, go to www.ipplondon.co.uk to follow IPP’s simple procedure.
9. If you don’t show up to the hotel or miss your train
1. Hotel: If you don’t show up at your hotel or you arrive late, the accommodation provider’s no show/late arrivals policy will apply.
2. Eurostar train travel: If your booking includes travel on a Eurostar train service, Eurostar’s Conditions of Carriage will apply to your booking. These can be found at www.eurostar.com. Eurostar tickets are only valid for travel on the date and on the train displayed on the ticket. If you board any train other than the one specified on your ticket you will have to pay Eurostar the full fare for a ticket for the train you have boarded. A refund may be available on the original ticket held, depending on the ticket type. In these circumstances, please contact Eurostar directly.
3. Non-Eurostar train travel: If your booking includes travel on a non-Eurostar train service, the relevant carrier’s terms and conditions will apply to your booking.
4. You are responsible for making sure that you go to the correct station for each train in your booking. We will not be responsible for any loss or delay caused as a result of you going to an incorrect station.
5. You must allow sufficient time prior to departure in order to check in for your train and clear security, otherwise you may not be allowed to board your train.
10. Train travel delays or cancellations
1. If your train is delayed or cancelled, you may have the right to a refund and/or claim compensation from Eurostar under European Rail Passenger Rights Regulations. However, reimbursement in such cases will not automatically entitle you to a full refund of your City Break / Train + Hotel package from us.
11. Our liability
1. We are responsible for the proper performance of the contract we make with you when your booking is confirmed. You must inform us without undue delay of any failure to perform or improper performance of the travel services included in your City Break / Train + Hotel package. If any of the travel services are not performed in accordance with our contract with you, or are improperly performed by us or a Third Party Supplier, and this has affected the enjoyment of your travel arrangements, you may be entitled to an appropriate price reduction or compensation or both.
2. Our liability to you, except in cases involving death, personal injury or illness, shall be limited to a maximum of two times the cost of your City Break / Train + Hotel package.
3. We will only be liable for loss or damage you suffer to the extent that it was a direct and foreseeable result of our breach or our negligence, but we are not liable for any loss or damage that is not direct or foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if it was a natural consequence of our breach or if it was contemplated by you and us at the time your booking is confirmed.
4. Claims against us for compensation are excluded or limited in accordance with and/or in an identical manner to:
- the terms and conditions of the Third Party Suppliers for each component of your City Break / Train + Hotel booking. These terms, including Eurostar’s Conditions of Carriage, are incorporated into these Booking Terms and Conditions;
- any relevant international conventions which limit the amount of compensation that you can claim for death, injury, delay to passengers and loss, damage and delay to luggage. We are to be regarded as having all benefit of any limitation of compensation contained in these conventions.
5. We are not liable for any damages caused by the failure to perform the contract or the improper performance of the contract where the failure or improper performance is attributable to (i) you or anyone named on the booking; (ii) a third party unconnected with the provision of the City Break / Train + Hotel booking and where the failure or improper performance is unforeseeable or unavoidable or (iii) an Event Outside Our Control (as defined in clause 11), save that if it is impossible to ensure your return as scheduled due to an Event Outside Our Control, we will bear the cost of necessary accommodation, if possible of equivalent category, for a maximum of three nights.
6. The hotel classifications shown on our website are for guidance only. Hotel classifications may differ from country to country.
12. Events outside our control
1. Save as otherwise required by law or provided in these Booking Terms and Conditions, we will not be liable for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under these Booking Terms and Conditions that is caused by an Event Outside Our Control.
2. An “Event Outside Our Control” means unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances beyond our control, or the control of a Third Party Supplier, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all reasonable measures had been taken. These can include, but are not limited to, for example, war, riot, industrial dispute, terrorist activity and its consequences, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions, epidemics and pandemics, unavoidable technical problems with transport.
3. If an Event Outside Our Control takes place that affects the performance of our obligations under your contract with us:
- we will contact you as soon as reasonably possible using the contact details you provided at the time of booking; and
- our obligations under these Booking Terms and Conditions will be suspended and the time for performance of our obligations will be extended for the duration of the Event Outside Our Control.
- Interpretation. The use of the words "we", "our" and "us" in these Booking Terms and Conditions refers in each case to Eurostar Holidays Limited.
- Governing law and jurisdiction. To the extent permitted by local laws, these terms and conditions and all non-contractual obligations arising from them or connected with them will be governed by English law, and any person bringing an action under these terms and conditions submits to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts. Nothing in these terms and conditions affects your right as a consumer to rely on any mandatory provisions of the law of the country in which you are resident.
- Personal data. We will handle your personal data in accordance with all applicable data protection laws. Eurostar Holidays Limited shall be the data controller in respect of the personal data you provide in connection with your booking and shall only process such personal data for the purposes of processing your booking, including, where necessary, sharing your personal data with a Third Party Supplier. The collection, recording and transfer to Third Party Suppliers of your personal data are necessary for the sale and fulfilment of your stay. You have a right of access, deletion and correction of personal information relating to you. This right can be exercised by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to Eurostar Holidays Limited, Times House, Bravingtons Walk, London N1 9AW. We will not send any marketing communications to you unless you have consented to receive such communications, nor shall Third Party Suppliers be permitted to do so.
- Website use. By using our website, you agree to the terms and conditions of our website and our cookies policy.
Eurostar Holidays Limited