Eurostar Holidays Limited
These Booking Terms and Conditions apply to standalone Hotel bookings only. If you have booked a City Break / Train + Hotel package, Eurostar train journey or other products, please refer to the applicable product specific terms and conditions. If you are unsure as to whether you have booked a standalone Hotel booking, please refer to your confirmation email.
- These Booking Terms and Conditions apply to the provision of intermediary services to you by Eurostar Holidays Limited, a private limited company registered in England and Wales with company number 11005481 with registered office at Kings Place 90 York Way, London, N1 9AG United Kingdom (“Eurostar Holidays”).
- Eurostar Holidays acts as an intermediary between you and a third party accommodation provider (“Accommodation Provider”) for the provision of hotel accommodation.
- In addition to these Booking Terms and Conditions, Accommodation Providers may also have terms and conditions that apply to your booking. These will be made available to you before you make a booking and in your confirmation email.
- The contract is made on the terms of these Booking Terms and Conditions and the Accommodation Provider’s terms and conditions.
- If at the time of your Hotel booking, you also purchased additional products such as travel insurance or car hire (“Additional Products”), please refer to the terms and conditions of the relevant service provider, including in case of cancellation or modification of your booking, which can be found using the links on our website. Additional Products are not part of your booking with Eurostar Holidays and are provided by Eurostar Holidays as agent for the relevant service provider.
- You must be aged 18 or over to make a Hotel booking with Eurostar Holidays. Children under the age of 18 are not permitted to stay in a Hotel unless accompanied by a responsible person of at least 18 years of age or unless authorised by the Hotel’s specific conditions.
The price and payment
- Payment must be made in full at the time of booking.
- We reserve the right to alter the prices of any of the products shown on our website. You will be advised of the current price of the product that you wish to book before your contract is confirmed.
- Once you have made a booking, the price of your Hotel is fully guaranteed and will not be subject to any changes, save that the price you pay to Eurostar Holidays will not include:
- local city, tourist, resort or other taxes (where applicable) which need to be paid directly to the accommodation provider;
- deposits to cover incidentals which some accommodation providers may require to be provided at check-in; and
- unless otherwise stated, fees for supplementary services that may be offered by the accommodation provider, including, but not limited to, supplements for extra people not included in the original booking; drinks and meals; phone calls; films; items from the mini-bar; and tips,
and more generally any service not expressly included in the booking confirmation, which need to be paid directly to the accommodation provider.
- Please note that we are not able to issue VAT invoices for your Hotel booking.
- The use of promotional codes as part of your booking (“Promo Code”) is subject to:
- the relevant terms and conditions applicable to the Promo Code; and
- these Terms and Conditions.
- Once you have made a booking, we will send you a confirmation email together with any other necessary information for your Hotel booking. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have received your confirmation email and other necessary information. We are not liable if you do not receive your confirmation email or any other information due to circumstances reasonably outside our control including, but not limited to, the following: (i) you gave us an incorrect email address; (ii) your email settings won’t allow our email to reach you; or (iii) your email settings treat the email as spam.
- Unless otherwise specified in your confirmation email, you must show your Hotel booking voucher on arrival at the hotel. Details of how to retrieve your Hotel booking voucher can be found in your confirmation email.
- You will receive separate confirmation emails for any Additional Products purchased at the time of your Hotel booking, which will contain information about how to collect your Additional Products.
- We are not responsible for any other activities undertaken by anyone named on your booking that are not part of your Hotel booking, including, but not limited to, the following: (i) sporting activities; (ii) excursions; or (iii) car rental.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you obtain all necessary documentation required for your stay. We will not be held liable or responsible in any way whatsoever for your failure or the failure of a third party to the booking to secure such documentation. To make sure you have all the right documents, you can check with the Accommodation Providers and where appropriate with authorities in your own country.
Amendment, cancellations and/or refunds
Amendment/cancellation by you
- All Hotel bookings are subject to the terms and conditions displayed at the time of your booking. These can also be found in your confirmation email. Your ability to amend or cancel a booking will depend on these terms and conditions.
- You do not have an automatic cancellation right unless such a right is granted by the Accommodation Provider in accordance with their terms and conditions.
- If you wish to amend your booking and such an amendment is permitted by the relevant Accommodation Provider, you will need to contact Eurostar directly on (+44) 03432 186 186.
- If you wish to amend or cancel any an Additional Products, please refer to the terms and conditions of the relevant service provider.
Amendment/cancellation by us
- We reserve the right to make changes to or cancel your booking at any time, though the price of your Hotel will be guaranteed in accordance with clause 2.3.
- Subject to applicable laws, if we cancel or make a major change to your booking, we will contact you as soon as reasonably possible using the contact details you provided at the time of your booking. You will have the choice of either:
- accepting a substitute Hotel of comparable quality, subject to availability (if the substitute hotel is cheaper, the price difference will be refunded to you), or
- cancelling your booking with a full refund.
- If we make a change to your booking after your departure date, we will offer you an appropriate substitute (if possible) at no additional cost.
- You may be entitled to compensation for any significant changes to or cancellation of your booking made by us, unless the change or cancellation occurs by reason of an Event Outside Our Control (as defined in clause 9). Whether compensation is due and the level of such compensation will be assessed on a case by case basis.
If you have a complaint
During your stay
- If you have a complaint during your holiday, please inform the relevant Accommodation Provider immediately and not later than within 24 hours of your arrival. Failure to do so will mean we have been deprived of the opportunity to investigate and rectify your complaint during your trip and this may affect your rights under these Booking Terms and Conditions.
After your stay
- If your complaint is not resolved locally, you must follow this up within 28 days of your scheduled return home by writing to Eurostar’s Traveller Care department (for contact details, see our website /uk-en/contact-us/eurostar-contact-details?faq). Complaints received after the application deadline will not be considered.
- Please include your booking reference and all details relevant to your complaint. We will endeavour to acknowledge receipt of all complaints within one (1) month of receiving them and will provide you with a response to your complaint no later than two (2) months of the date of the complaint. For more information, see our Complaints Handling Procedure at https://content-static.eurostar.com/documents/Complaints_Handling_Procedure.pdf. Where appropriate, we will pass your complaint to with the responsible Accommodation Provider.
- If you have submitted a complaint to Eurostar’s Traveller Care department but are not satisfied with the response, or if you have not received any response within two months as stated above, you can contact in English or French La Médiation Tourisme et Voyage (MTV) online (http://www.mtv.travel/index.php?page=Accueil) or via post at the following address: MTV Médiation Tourisme Voyage, BP 80 303, 75823 Paris Cedex 17, France.
In addition, a European online dispute resolution (ODR) platform exists to facilitate access to Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) for complaints. The platform can be accessed at http://ec.europa.eu/odr and claims submitted to the platform will be addressed in accordance with Regulation EU 524/2013.
If you don’t show up to your hotel
- If you don’t show up at your Hotel or you arrive late, the Accommodation Provider’s no show/late arrivals policy will apply which has been made available at the time of the booking and specified on your booking confirmation.
- The Accommodation Provider, and not Eurostar Holidays, is liable to you in respect of the provision of Hotel accommodation and in respect of any inaccurate or misleading Hotel information on our website.
- We will only be liable for loss or damage you suffer to the extent that it was a direct and foreseeable result of our breach or our negligence, but we are not liable for any loss or damage that is not direct or foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if it was a natural consequence of our breach or if it was contemplated by you and us at the time your booking is confirmed.
- Claims against us for compensation are excluded or limited in accordance with and/or in an identical manner to:
- the terms and conditions of the Accommodation Providers for your Hotel booking.
- any relevant international conventions which limit the amount of compensation that you can claim for death, injury, delay to passengers and loss, damage and delay to luggage. We are to be regarded as having all benefit of any limitation of compensation contained in these or any other conventions.
- We are not liable for any damages caused by the failure to perform the contract or the improper performance of the contract where the failure or improper performance is attributable to (i) you or anyone named on the booking; (ii) a third party unconnected with the provision of the Hotel booking and where the failure or improper performance is unforeseeable or unavoidable or (iii) an Event Outside Our Control (as defined in clause 9).
- The hotel classifications shown on our website are for guidance only. Hotel classifications may differ from country to country.
Events outside our control
- Save as otherwise required by law or provided in these Booking Terms and Conditions, we will not be liable for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under these Booking Terms and Conditions that is caused by an Event Outside Our Control.
- An “Event Outside Our Control” means unusual or unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, or the control of an Accommodation Provider. These can include, but is not limited to, for example, war, riot, industrial dispute, terrorist activity and its consequences, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions, epidemics and pandemics, unavoidable technical problems with transport.
- If an Event Outside Our Control takes place that affects the performance of our obligations under your contract with us:
- we will contact you as soon as reasonably possible using the contact details you provided at the time of booking; and
- our obligations under these Booking Terms and Conditions will be suspended and the time for performance of our obligations will be extended for the duration of the Event Outside Our Control.
- Interpretation. The use of the words "we", "our" and "us" in these Booking Terms and Conditions refers in each case to Eurostar Holidays Limited.
- Governing law and jurisdiction. To the extent permitted by local laws, these terms and conditions and all non-contractual obligations arising from them or connected with them will be governed by English law, and any person bringing an action under these terms and conditions submits to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts. Nothing in these terms and conditions affects your right as a consumer to rely on any mandatory provisions of the law of the country in which you are resident.
- Personal data. We will handle your personal data in accordance with all applicable data protection laws. Eurostar Holidays Limited shall be the data controller in respect of the personal data you provide in connection with your booking and shall only process such personal data for the purposes of processing your booking, including, where necessary, sharing your personal data with an Accommodation Provider. The collection, recording and transfer to Accommodation Providers of your personal data are necessary for the sale and fulfilment of your stay. You have a right of access, deletion and correction of personal information relating to you. This right can be exercised by sending an email to email@example.com or by writing to Eurostar Holidays Limited,
Kings Place 90 York Way, London, N1 9AG. We will not send any marketing communications to you unless you have consented to receive such communications nor shall the Accommodation Providers be permitted to do so.
- Website use. By using our website, you agree to the terms and conditions of our website and our cookies policy.
Eurostar Holidays Limited