Skip to main content


What travel documents do you need to travel on Eurostar? Find the answers you need.

Passports and identity cards

To travel on Eurostar you need either:

  • a valid passport, or
  • a national identity card  (EEA citizens and Swiss nationals)

Babies and children must have their own valid travel documents.

If you are married but your passport is in your maiden name, it shouldn’t normally cause any difficulties, but please take a copy of your marriage certificate with you when you travel, just in case.

Unaccompanied children

Children under 12 must travel with a responsible person aged 16 or older.

Children 12 to 15 (inclusive)  can travel on their own, as long as they’ve got a fully completed Eurostar unaccompanied minor form.

This must be signed by their parent or legal guardian (or by a responsible adult given consent by the parent or legal guardian) at the station in the presence of a member of the Eurostar team. 

The child will need to keep this signed form with them throughout their journey and show it to the onboard team if they’re asked.