The freedom to change your plans
With our flexible tickets, you can easily rearrange your trip if you need to, providing that you’re not changing the stations you’re travelling to or from.
Here’s what you need to know if you’re travelling in Standard, Standard Premier or Business Premier:
- You can change the date or time you’re travelling without paying an exchange fee up to seven full days before departure.
- If you change an adult ticket within seven days of departure, you’ll need to pay an exchange fee (£30 in Standard / £40 in Standard Premier). There’s no fee for changing child tickets.
- In addition, if your new ticket is more expensive, you’ll need to pay the difference in fare.
- Tickets are non-refundable and you can’t change your departure or destination stations.
TIP: You can change your ticket as many times as you like. So, if you want to postpone your trip but don’t have a new date in mind, we suggest exchanging your ticket for one of the same value later in the year. You can then exchange it again once you’ve made plans.
For the ultimate in freedom and flexibility, you may prefer to travel in Business Premier.
Exchanges and refunds
- You can exchange or refund your ticket for free at any point before departure on all of our routes.
- For trains between the UK, France and Belgium, we also allow exchanges or refunds up to 60 days after your booked departure if you decided not to travel.
- To change your departure or destination stations, you’ll need to cancel your tickets and rebook your journey.
Our boarding guarantee
If you’d like to travel at a different time on the same day, we’ll find you a seat on a train that suits you, even if Business Premier is full. (Unfortunately, we can’t offer this guarantee on our trains to or from the Netherlands at the moment.) Find out more here.
Ready to book?
Terms and Conditions
*Customers can exchange tickets in Standard and Standard Premier as many times as they want without paying an exchange fee, as long as tickets are exchanged 7 days or more before the departure time of their individual journey. When tickets are exchanged within 7 days of the individual journey:
- adult tickets – will incur an exchange fee per person and per individual journey in Standard (£30) and in Standard Premier (£40). If your rearranged train is cancelled, we can only refund the price of your ticket and not any exchange or booking fees you’ve previously paid.
- child tickets – will not incur an exchange fee.
Tickets are non-refundable. Where tickets are exchanged for a higher priced ticket, customers will need to pay the difference. Where tickets are exchanged for a lower price ticket, the difference in price will not be refunded.