TGV Lyria is a high speed service train running from Paris Gare de Lyon in France to various destinations in Switzerland.
Each TGV Lyria train is formed of eight carriages:
- three 1st class carriages (Lyria première)
- four 2nd class carriages
- one buffet car in the middle of the train that can be used by all passengers (usually carriages 4 or 14).
TGV Lyria carriages are numbered as coach 1 to 8 or coach 11 to 18.
Just to let you know, all TGV Lyria trains are entirely non-smoking.
If you'd like to make the most of your time on board, Lyria première gives you the freedom to work, ponder or simply unwind. Here's what you can look forward to in Lyria première:
- A meal served at your seat and suited to your time of travel
- Complimentary Swiss, French and International magazines on board
- Power socket at your seat*
- A taxi booking service**
* On Paris to Geneva route, available only on TGV Duplex trains
**International 1st class passengerson TGV Lyria trains order a taxiand have it waiting for them upon their arrival at Paris. This service is free.
In France: To order a taxi, just ask the TGV Lyria train manager, who will make the reservation for you and give you a confirmation slip. When you arrive in Paris Gare de Lyon, go to the Taxis Réservés (Reserved Taxis) reception area, where your driver will be waiting for you. Passengers are responsible for settling their taxi fare (which will include the distance travelled by the driver to collect the passenger at the station) and any additional fee (due to large luggage, for instance) directly with the driver.
In Switzerland: With RailTaxi, your taxi will be waiting for you when you arrive in Switzerland. The RailTaxi meeting point is located in the centre of the station. RailTaxi has bases in 31 cities and districts in Switzerland. This group of local taxi companies provides a high-quality transport service guaranteeing official fares.
To reserve a taxi using this service, just call this freephone number* (+ 41) (0) 800 44 22 66 (24 hours a day). Mobile phone operator roaming fees may apply when travelling abroad.
Lyria Second Class
For comfort and flexibility, Lyria Second Class has everything you need for your journey.
- A selection of drinks and snacks available to buy from the bar buffet
- No check-in time – just hop on your train when it arrives
- Tickets for Paris Métro available to buy from the bar buffet