Ski holiday checklist
Before you hit the slopes on your Alpine adventure, follow our tips for a seamless trip.
Once you've booked
There are two ways to get your tickets. you can either:
- Print your ticket at home by logging in to Manage a booking, or
- Pick it up from your departure station. (Just make sure you leave a little extra time and bring your booking reference and the cardyou paid with.)
On the day
- Don't forget your ticket and passport
This may seem as obvious but you'd be surprised how many people forget. You'll need your actual ticket rather than your email confirmation so that it can be read by our ticket machines.
- Check in an hour before your train is due to depart
That way you'll be able to avoid any queues and breeze straight through to the departure lounge.
- On your journey home, please arrive at the Bourg St Maurice station 90 minutes before your train is due to depart. Check-in will close 30 minutes before the train leaves
- Just so you know, we don’t sell alcohol on our overnight trains, or allow travellers to bring their own. Only soft drinks in sealed bottles are allowed through security at the station. This is to make sure everyone enjoys a peaceful, relaxing journey.
A note about luggage
If you’re travelling on our direct train to the Alps, you can take a pair of skis or snowboard on top of your two-bag luggage allowance. Once on board, you’ll find extra space set aside in each coach forbulky bags and kit.
If you’re connecting in Paris or Lille, you can still take a snowboard or skis but this will count as one of your two pieces of luggage.
Crampons, ice-axes and alpine walking sticks are all accepted to travel onboard the Eurostar.
More hints and tips
Need some help picking a resort? Check out everything from snow reports to the price of wine in our ski holidays guide.
Don’t let your winter sports holiday go downhill. Read our guide to insurance, health and staying safe on the slopes.
For the latest country travel advice, tips and winter sports information, visit the Foreign and Commonwealth Office's website at www.gov.uk/knowbeforeyougo, follow @FCOTravel or check the FCO's winter sports checklist.