09/10/2014 Eurostar opens the doors to new look Brussels-Midi Business Premier lounge
9 Oct 2014
Completely refurbished space to improve business customer experience
Eurostar today reopens its new look Brussels Business Premier Lounge following two months of refurbishment, in the latest phase of its extensive programme of station improvements to enhance the passenger experience.
The new look lounge has a sleek and elegant design to create a light and airy ambience with areas to work, catch up with colleagues or to simply relax and unwind.
Now open to Business Premier passengers and Eurostar Frequent Traveller carte blanche holders, new features include:
- Gentle perimeter lighting which will subtly change throughout the day to provide the calming effect of natural light
- Digital screens and iPads around the room will keep passengers up to date with travel information, news and weather updates and information on our destinations and trains.
- An easy to connect to wi-fi solution
- Power and USB sockets at each seat
- A refreshed food offering with fresh brownies and muffins in the morning, and tapas-style saucisson, cheese or olives in the evening
- Everything that you loved from before, including a wide selection of newspapers and magazines, fully stocked bar and a dedicated reception desk to assist with taxi bookings or reservations at your destination
Nick Mercer, Eurostar Commercial Director, said: “We are committed to improving our customers’ business experience with a seamless journey on both our core and connecting routes, and the new Brussels business lounge is a key part of this. We’re looking forward to our travellers’ reactions as they begin to enjoy the new space.”
The refurbishment of the Brussels-Midi Business Premier lounge is the latest in a series of improvements underway across Eurostar’s terminals. The brand new ticket office area at St. Pancras International was completed in July 2014, and work has started at Lille Europe station where capacity is being increased in response to higher demand from passengers using the station to connect by high-speed rail across France.
To book Eurostar tickets visit www.eurostar.com or call the customer team on 08432 186 186.
Images of the day:
- Ends -
Notes to editors:
- Eurostar is the high-speed train service linking St Pancras International, Ebbsfleet International, Ashford International, Paris, Brussels, Lille, Calais, Disneyland Paris, Avignon and the French Alps.
- Eurostar was established in 1994 as a partnership between three railway companies: SNCF, SNCB and LCR (London and Continental Railways). On 1 September 2010, Eurostar became a single, unified corporate entity owned by three shareholders: SNCF, SNCB and LCR.
- The current Eurostar train was first introduced into service in 1994 carrying 750 passengers and operating at speeds of up to 300kph. Since then, the fleet of 28 trains has carried more than 145 million passengers between London and the Continent. Following their refurbishment these trains will continue to form a core part of the Eurostar fleet.
- Eurostar is a member of Railteam, an alliance of the main high-speed train operators in Europe. As part of this alliance, customers holding a top-tier frequent traveller card from any Railteam member will have access to the Eurostar Business Premier lounge.
For more information about Eurostar please contact:
Eurostar Press Office
t: 020 7843 5500