22/12/2014 CELEBRATE THE NEW YEAR WITH A GREAT VALUE GETAWAY
22 Dec 2014
Eurostar launches an express ticket sale with fares from just £59 return
Eurostar, the high-speed passenger rail service linking the UK with mainland Europe, is launching an express sale from 2nd – 14th January with three amazing offers for new year getaways:
- 150,000 seats available at £59 return for standard travel from London, Ashford or Ebbsfleet to Paris, Brussels, Lille or Calais
- Enjoy a light meal onboard in more spacious surroundings with travel in Standard Premier from just £159 return
- Travel to any Belgian station including Bruges, Ghent and Antwerp at £69 return in Standard class or £166 return in Standard Premier
Brits looking to embrace the new year with a special break have thirteen days to book a trip with travel valid from 19th January – 25th March 2015.
Mary Walsh, Director of Communications for Eurostar said; “We’re encouraging our customers to kick start the new year with a great value escape by taking advantage of these irresistibly low fares. Whether you’re after a cultural trip to Bruges or a romantic mini break to Paris, now is the time to travel.”
Eurostar passengers travelling to Paris, Brussels and Lille can also take advantage of 2 for 1 entry into a range of top museums and galleries including Musée d’Orsay in Paris and Bozar in Brussels, all by simply showing their Eurostar tickets at entry.
For more information or to book Eurostar tickets visit www.eurostar.com or call the Eurostar contact centre on 08432 186 186.
Notes to Editors
Terms and Conditions
- Based on bookings made between 02.01.15 to 14.01.15 for travel between 19.01.15 and 25.03.15
- Due to school holidays in the UK, France and Belgium and the Rugby World Cup, bookings cannot be made for travel on 13.02.15 to 23.02.15 inclusive, 27.02.15 to 01.03.15 inclusive, 20.03.15 to 22.03.15 inclusive
- 150,000 seats available at £59/69€ return (90,000 Paris route: 45,000 returns) and (60,000 Brussels route: 30,000 returns) - correct as of 2 January 2015
- On Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, Standard Premier discounted fares are only valid for travel between 08h30 and 16h00
- A £4 fee will apply to all credit card bookings, no charge is made for payments with a debit card
- For full terms and conditions visit Eurostar.com
- Eurostar is the high-speed train service linking St Pancras International, Ebbsfleet International, Ashford International, Paris, Brussels, Lille, Calais, Disneyland Resort Paris, Avignon and the French Alps.
- Eurostar was established in 1994 as a partnership between three railway companies: SNCF, SNCB and LCR (London and Continental Railways). On 1 September 2010, Eurostar became a single, unified corporate entity owned by three shareholders: SNCF, SNCB and LCR.
- The current Eurostar train was first introduced into service in 1994 carrying 750 passengers and operating at speeds of up to 300kph. Since then, the fleet of 28 trains has carried more than 145 million passengers between London and the Continent. Following their refurbishment these trains will continue to form a core part of the Eurostar fleet. The new e320 will carry around 900 passengers at speeds of up to 320kph.
- Eurostar is a founder member of Railteam, a partnership between Europe’s leading high-speed train operators that is developing simpler ways to book and travel on the fast-expanding, European high-speed rail network.
- Eurostar and Eurotunnel are entirely separate companies. Eurostar operates high-speed passenger trains, while Eurotunnel operates vehicle shuttle services and the Channel Tunnel itself. Eurostar is Eurotunnel’s biggest customer.
For more information:
Eurostar Press Office
020 7843 5500