10/11/2014 ESCAPE TO EUROPE IN 2015 – PARTEZ FOR LESS!
10 Nov 2014
Eurostar birthday sale with fares from just £59 return
Eurostar, the high-speed passenger rail service linking the UK with mainland Europe, is offering return fares from just £59 return, in a 12 day sale to celebrate their 20th anniversary from 13 – 24 November. The tickets are ideal as a special Christmas gift or for those planning a getaway to escape the January blues.
The express sale includes a range of offers for travel between 5th January and 12th February 2015:
- From £59 return fare to Paris, Brussels, Lille or Calais in Standard class
- Travel in Standard Premier from just £149 return, where passengers will enjoy more spacious surroundings and a light meal onboard
- Travel to any Belgian station including Bruges, Antwerp and Ghent from £69 return, or £166 return in Standard Premier
For those looking to make more of the special prices, trips can be easily extended by purchasing additional connecting journeys to more than 100 destinations across Europe, with a simple change in Lille, Paris or Brussels. The any Belgian station offer allows customers to explore Belgium with a quick stopover in Brussels before visiting Bruges, Antwerp, Ghent, Leuven, Liège and more.
Mary Walsh, Director of Communications for Eurostar said; “As the winter season approaches we’re encouraging our customers to plan a getaway by taking advantage of our special low fares. Or for a memorable Christmas gift, what could be better than a surprise trip to one of our destinations across France or Belgium in the New Year?”
Eurostar passengers travelling to Paris, Brussels and Lille can take advantage of 2 for 1 entry into a range of top museums and galleries including Musée d’Orsay in Paris, Bozar in Brussels, and Le Palais des Beaux-Arts, all by simply showing their Eurostar tickets at entry.
For more information or to book Eurostar tickets visit www.eurostar.com or call the Eurostar contact centre on 08432 186 186
Notes to Editors
Terms and Conditions
- Based on bookings made between 13.11.14 to 24.11.14 for travel between 05.01.15 to 12.02.15 inclusive
- On Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, Standard Premier discounted fares are only valid for travel between 08h30 and 16h00
- A £4 fee will apply to all credit card bookings, no charge is made for payments with a debit card
- For full terms and conditions visit Eurostar.com
- Eurostar is the high-speed train service linking St Pancras International, Ebbsfleet International, Ashford International, Paris, Brussels, Lille, Calais, Disneyland Resort Paris, Avignon and the French Alps.
- Eurostar was established in 1994 as a partnership between three railway companies: SNCF, SNCB and LCR (London and Continental Railways). On 1 September 2010, Eurostar became a single, unified corporate entity owned by three shareholders: SNCF, SNCB and LCR.
- The current Eurostar train was first introduced into service in 1994 carrying 750 passengers and operating at speeds of up to 300kph. Since then, the fleet of 28 trains has carried more than 145 million passengers between London and the Continent. Following their refurbishment these trains will continue to form a core part of the Eurostar fleet. The new e320 will carry around 900 passengers at speeds of up to 320kph.
- Eurostar is a founder member of Railteam, a partnership between Europe’s leading high-speed train operators that is developing simpler ways to book and travel on the fast-expanding, European high-speed rail network.
- Eurostar and Eurotunnel are entirely separate companies. Eurostar operates high-speed passenger trains, while Eurotunnel operates vehicle shuttle services and the Channel Tunnel itself. Eurostar is Eurotunnel’s biggest customer.
For more information:
Eurostar Press Office
020 7843 5500