Beat the winter blues and book a break for less with Eurostar
12 Jan 2012
Winter Sale on until 23 January for travel from 19 January to 29 March
Eurostar, the high-speed rail service between the UK and mainland Europe, is offering special, limited prices of £59 and £149 return for Standard and Standard Premier travel to Paris, Brussels or Lille between 19 January and 29 March.
With plenty of the special £59 return Standard class fares available for midweek travel this is the perfect time to book a reviving day trip or a relaxing long weekend. 'Winter blues busters' can also treat themselves to a more luxurious journey for less as Eurostar is offering Standard Premier fares from only £149 return for travel during the same period.
What's more, when passengers arrive in their chosen destination their Eurostar ticket gives them much more than travel alone with a range of enticing 'Eurostar Plus' offers and discounts.
'Eurostar Plus Culture' offers travellers 2-for-1 entry into paying exhibitions at selected top museums and galleries in Paris, Brussels and Lille, simply by showing their Eurostar ticket. So whether they're visiting the Grand Palais, Galeries Nationales in Paris or the Musical Instrument Museum in Brussels, there's plenty to keep them entertained over the coming months.
Eurostar Plus Gourmet' offers also give passengers up to 50% discounts on meals at popular restaurants in Paris, Brussels and Lille, by booking their table via www.eurostarplus.co.uk/gourmet and presenting their Eurostar ticket at the restaurant on arrival.
Nick Mercer, Commercial Director for Eurostar said: "Many of our travellers like to travel midweek as our destinations and their tourist attractions tend to be less busy. These discounted fares give everyone the perfect excuse to treat themselves to a getaway for less. After all, with £59 return fares to Paris, Brussels or Lille and exclusive offers for museums, restaurants and shopping when you're there, this is an offer not to be missed."
Tickets for travel from London St Pancras International to Paris, Brussels and Lille typically start from £69 return in Standard and £189 return in Standard Premier and can be booked up to 4 months in advance.
For more information about the new promotional fares, Eurostar Plus, or to book Eurostar tickets or purchase Eurostar gift vouchers visit eurostar.com or call 03448 224 777.
Note to editors:
1. Eurostar is the high-speed train service linking St Pancras International, Ebbsfleet International, Ashford International, Paris, Brussels, Lille, Calais, Disneyland Resort Paris, Avignon and the French Alps.
2. Eurostar was established in 1994 as a partnership between three railway companies: SNCF, SNCB and LCR (London and Continental Railways). On 1 September 2010, Eurostar became a single, unified corporate entity owned by three shareholders: SNCF, SNCB and LCR.
3. The current Eurostar train was first introduced into service in 1994 carrying 750 passengers and operating at speeds of up to 300kph. Since then, the fleet of 28 trains has carried more than 115 million passengers between London and the Continent. Following their refurbishment these trains will continue to form a core part of the Eurostar fleet.
4. The Eurostar Ashden Award for Sustainable Travel
- Since 2001 the Ashden awards have been supporting sustainability projects across the globe and now they're working with Eurostar to promote sustainable travel
- As part of the Tread Lightly programme to cut carbon and get people thinking differently about their journeys, Eurostar has launched the Ashden Award for Sustainable Travel
- With a prize fund and a host of benefits, the Eurostar Ashden Award for Sustainable Travel will celebrate and support local sustainable travel projects in the UK, France and Belgium
5. Eurostar is a founder member of Railteam, a partnership between Europe's leading high-speed train operators that is developing simpler ways to book and travel on the fast-expanding, European high-speed rail network.
6. Eurostar and Eurotunnel are entirely separate companies. Eurostar operates high-speed passenger trains, while Eurotunnel operates vehicle shuttle services and the Channel Tunnel itself. Eurostar is Eurotunnel's biggest customer.
For more information contact:
Eurostar Press Office
t:0044 (0)20 7843 5500