‘Michelin Star’ Upgrades for Eurostar
29 Mar 2011
- Eurostar partners with Michelin star chef Alain Roux
- Range of enhancements to high-speed operators' Business Premier service
Eurostar, the high-speed passenger service linking London, Paris and Brussels is enhancing its flagship Business Premier class, with new menus developed in collaboration with Michelin Three Star chef, Alain Roux.
Chef patron at the world-class Waterside Inn in Berkshire, Alain Roux has worked with Eurostar on a range of exclusive dishes for its Business Premier passengers. From 14th April, passengers travelling in Eurostar's Business Premier class will be able to sample the delights of the new gourmet menus, which include the finest ingredients sourced locally from the UK, France and Belgium.
As part of a programme of initiatives to enhance its Business Premier class, Eurostar will also introduce a new guaranteed boarding service from May. This will offer Business Premier passengers guaranteed access to the train of their choice regardless of their reservation. So, business customers can feel confident that they will be able to board the train they need, without any inconvenient stand-by queues, even at peak times.
Summer 2011 will see further developments including the launch of a new Eurostar mobile app for iPhone and Andriod users, which will allow business and leisure travellers to conveniently book tickets on the move using their mobiles, as well as offering them even easier check-in with new mobile ticketing. In addition, Eurostar will be extending its business lounge taxi booking service to on-board, so business passengers will be able to book taxis while they travel.
For customers travelling to and from Brussels, Eurostar is working on a significant re-development and upgrade of its business lounge at Brussels Midi station, which will see capacity double by 2012 when works are completed.
Nick Mercer, Commercial Director for Eurostar said: "Our Business Premier class of service is a key priority for us and we will continually invest in it to ensure it remains the benchmark for short haul business travel. Last year, we saw a revival in the business markets in the UK, France and Belgium and this translated into an increase in our Business Premier passenger numbers. However, in the current climate many of our business clients have tough decisions to make about their choice of travel class, so the aim of these latest improvements is to highlight that Eurostar continues to invest in offering its Business Premier customers exceptional levels of flexibility, service and value. "
Launched in September 2005, Eurostar's exclusive business class, Business Premier, offers the highest level of freedom to work in dedicated, comfortable surroundings. With fully flexible fares, Business Premier customers can enjoy a 10 minute express check-in, business lounge access, plus complementary drinks and fine dining.
For more information about Eurostar Business Premier to book Eurostar tickets or purchase Eurostar gift vouchers visit www.eurostar.com or call 03448 224 777.
Note to editors:
1. Eurostar is the high-speed train service linking St Pancras International, Ebbsfleet International, Ashford International, Paris, Brussels, Lille, Calais, Disneyland Resort Paris, Avignon and the French Alps.
2. Eurostar was established in 1994 as a partnership between three railway companies: SNCF, SNCB and LCR (London and Continental Railways). On 1 September 2010, Eurostar became a single, unified corporate entity owned by three shareholders: SNCF, SNCB and LCR.
3. The current Eurostar train was first introduced into service in 1994 carrying 750 passengers and operating at speeds of up to 300kph. Since then, the fleet of 28 trains has carried more than 115 million passengers between London and the Continent. Following their refurbishment these trains will continue to form a core part of the Eurostar fleet.
4. Eurostar is a founder member of Railteam, a partnership between Europe's leading high-speed train operators that is developing simpler ways to book and travel on the fast-expanding, European high-speed rail network.
5. Eurostar and Eurotunnel are entirely separate companies. Eurostar operates high-speed passenger trains, while Eurotunnel operates vehicle shuttle services and the Channel Tunnel itself. Eurostar is Eurotunnel's biggest customer.
For more information contact:
Eurostar Press Office
t:0044 (0)20 7843 550