Enjoy a bargain last minute summer getaway with Eurostar
18 Aug 2011
Eurostar, the high-speed passenger service that links Britain and the continent is offering exclusive 10% and 20% discounts on Standard and Standard Premier bookings to Paris, Brussels and Lille until the end of August.
People across the country can treat themselves to a bargain last minute summer break, simply by booking to travel in August via eurostar.com and using the promotion codes below:
- London to Paris in Standard: AUGUSTSD10%PAR
- London to Paris in Standard Premier: AUGUSTSP20%PAR
- London to Brussels in Standard: AUGUSTSD10%BRU London to Brussels Standard Premier: AUGUSTSP20%BRU
- London to Lille in Standard: AUGUSTSD10%LIL
- London to Lille in Standard Premier: AUGUSTSP20%LIL
With festivals, exhibitions and street markets, there is no better time to visit Paris, Brussels or Lille than in August and with your Eurostar ticket your money goes further when you're there. Travellers simply show their Eurostar ticket to receive 2-for-1 entry into paying exhibitions at selected top museums and galleries in Paris, Brussels, Lille and London. So whether you're visiting the Musée d'Orsay in Paris or the musical Instrument Museum in Brussels, there's plenty to keep you entertained with Eurostar's Plus Culture offers this summer.
Eurostar's Plus Gourmet offers also give passengers up to 50% discounts on meals at popular restaurants in Paris, Brussels and Lille, by booking their table via www.eurostarplus.co.uk/gourmet and presenting their Eurostar ticket at the restaurant on arrival.
Mary Walsh, Director of Communications for Eurostar said: "These special August discounts give the perfect excuse for customers to treat themselves to a last minute summer getaway. Many of our passengers tell us August is their favourite time of year to visit Paris, Brussels and Lille and with so many things going on in the cities at this time, it's easy to see why."
Tickets for travel from London St Pancras International to Paris, Brussels and Lille start from £69 return in Standard and £119 return in Standard Premier and can be booked up to 4 months in advance.
For more information about Eurostar Plus, or to book Eurostar tickets or purchase Eurostar gift vouchers visit eurostar.com or call 03448 224 777.
Note to editors:
Terms and conditions apply for these discount codes visit Eurostar's Europe by Eurostar blog for further details - https://europe.eurostar.com/2011/08/12/eurostar-voucher-codes/
1. Eurostar is the high-speed train service linking St Pancras International, Ebbsfleet International, Ashford International, Paris, Brussels, Lille, Calais, Disneyland Resort Paris, Avignon and the French Alps.
2. Eurostar was established in 1994 as a partnership between three railway companies: SNCF, SNCB and LCR (London and Continental Railways). On 1 September 2010, Eurostar became a single, unified corporate entity owned by three shareholders: SNCF, SNCB and LCR.
3. The current Eurostar train was first introduced into service in 1994 carrying 750 passengers and operating at speeds of up to 300kph. Since then, the fleet of 28 trains has carried more than 115 million passengers between London and the Continent. Following their refurbishment these trains will continue to form a core part of the Eurostar fleet.
4. The Eurostar Ashden Award for Sustainable Travel
Since 2001 the Ashden awards have been supporting sustainability projects across the globe and now they're working with Eurostar to promote sustainable travelAs part of the Tread Lightly programme to cut carbon and get people thinking differently about their journeys, Eurostar has launched the Ashden Award for Sustainable TravelWith a prize fund and a host of benefits, the Eurostar Ashden Award for Sustainable Travel will celebrate and support local sustainable travel projects in the UK, France and Belgium
5. Eurostar is a founder member of Railteam, a partnership between Europe's leading high-speed train operators that is developing simpler ways to book and travel on the fast-expanding, European high-speed rail network.
For more information contact:
Eurostar Press Office
t:0044 (0)20 7843 5500