Join the Eurostar Love Trains!
2 May 2007
--Extra Eurostar services for Valentine's weekend--Eurostar travel and hotel in Paris from £ 158pp
Eurostar, the high-speed passenger train service linking the UK with France and Belgium, will run extra services for Valentine's weekend to accommodate love birds looking for amorous escapes to the Continent.
From Friday 16 to Monday 19 February, Eurostar will run more trains between London and Ashford and passionate Paris, world-renowned for its beautiful boulevards, stunning architecture, fabulous French cuisine and that certain je ne sais quoi.
And treating yourself to a special Valentine's trip to the romance capital of the world is made simple at www.eurostar.com, where great deals on travel and accommodation can be picked up from as little as £ 158 per person.
Whether you want to sip bubbly at a famous landmark, stare dreamily across a table in a cosy restaurant or order breakfast in bed in a luxurious five-star hotel, Eurostar brings romantic Europe within easy reach.
And there are plenty of trains between London and Brussels too. Perhaps intimate dining in one of the Belgian capital's many Michelin-starred establishments gets your temperature rising, or you may want to pick up something sweet for your Sweet from Lille's Méert patisserie, the oldest candy store in France.
Fancy going even further? With Eurostar Connections, a simple interchange onto other high-speed and domestic rail services can sweep starry-eyed travellers off their feet to around 100 destinations throughout France, Belgium, The Netherlands and Germany.
Maybe the heart-melting beauty of Bruges - the 'Venice of the North' - will have couples blushing over a box of Belgian truffles and left breathless by the dazzling rocks of its famous Diamond Museum.
Or to really set pulses racing, lovers can be whisked all the way to the core of Amsterdam's red light district!
Alternately, to send that special someone all a-flutter this Valentine's Day, Eurostar gift vouchers are the ideal present for those who like making romantic getaways. Available in a range of denominations from £ 1 to £ 50, vouchers come in paper or online form and are redeemable for all Eurostar journeys originating in the UK.
For more information, to book Eurostar and Eurostar Connections tickets or purchase Eurostar gift vouchers visit www.eurostar.com or call 08705 186 186.
- ends -
1. Eurostar is the high-speed train service linking London, Ashford, Paris, Brussels, Lille, Avignon, Calais, Disneyland Resort Paris and the French Alps.
2. On 14 November 2007, Eurostar's London terminal will switch from Waterloo International to St. Pancras International. Journey times will reduce, with London-Paris down to 2h 15m, London-Brussels in 1h 51m and London-Lille in just 1h20m. Eurostar will also launch services from its new station Ebbsfleet International just off junction 2 of the M25, close to Bluewater shopping centre and near Dartford in north Kent..
3. Independent research has shown that a Eurostar journey between London and Paris / Brussels generates ten times less carbon dioxide than flying.
4. Eurostar has won the title of "World's Leading Rail Service" for the last nine years at the World Travel Awards.
5. Eurostar and Eurotunnel are two entirely different companies with two different management teams. Eurostar is Eurotunnel's largest customer.
For more information:
Eurostar Press Office+44 (0)20 7922 firstname.lastname@example.org