Get ready for the Eurostar Sales Awards
7 Mar 2007
--Voting now open at www.eurostarsalesawards.com
Eurostar, the high-speed train operator linking the UK with the Continent, today (1 March 2007) announced that voting is now open for its Sales Awards. The awards, to be held at a top-secret central London location on 25 April 2007, are an opportunity for Eurostar to reward the individuals and groups who have excelled themselves at promoting and selling Eurostar over the last 12 months.
There are ten different Awards open to a variety of nominees across the travel industry. Anyone can enter their company or a colleague. You can even nominate yourself! Categories include:
--Leisure Partners: Most Innovative Off-Line Marketing Promotion--Corporates: Green Award--Leisure Groups/Group Tour Operators: Innovation Award--Business Groups: Achievement Award--Rail Partners: Outstanding Rail Partner Award--Corporates: Marketing Activity Award--Everyone: Eurostar Sales Awards--International Markets: Best Overseas Campaign--Eurostar Ambassador at Consultant/Reservations Level (open to all)--Outstanding Performance at Management Level (open to all)
To decide the eventual winners Eurostar has assembled a highly esteemed panel of judges with many years of experience in the travel industry. These include Richard Brown, Chief Executive Officer, Eurostar; Paul Tilstone, Executive Director, Institute of Travel Management; and Martine Ainsworth-Well, Marketing Director, Visit London.
The Awards can be entered online at www.eurostarsalesawards.com and the closing date for entries is 23 March 2007. Everyone short-listed for an award will be invited to the glittering Eurostar Awards party, as will the person who nominated them.
Emma Harris, Director of UK & International Sales, said: "2006 was a fantastic year for Eurostar with a record number of travellers using our services. The Eurostar Sales Awards is Eurostar's chance to say thank you to those who played a part in this success and recognise the outstanding contribution of some of our key partners."
"I'm looking forward to joining our colleagues from across the travel industry to celebrate on what promises to be a fantastic night!"
For more information about the Eurostar Sales Awards please visit www.eurostarsalesawards.com or call 020 7922 6169.
- ends -
1. Eurostar is the high-speed train service linking London, Ashford, Paris, Brussels, Lille, Avignon, Calais, Disneyland Resort Paris and the French Alps.
2. On 14 November 2007, Eurostar's London terminal will switch from Waterloo International to St. Pancras International. Journey times will reduce, with London-Paris down to 2h 15m, London-Brussels in 1h 51m and London-Lille in just 1h20m. Eurostar will also launch services from Ebbsfleet International, a new UK station near junction 2 of the M25 motorway which is close to Bluewater and Dartford in north Kent, to Paris and Brussels.
3. Eurostar has won the title of "World's Leading Rail Service" for the last nine years at the World Travel Awards.
4. Eurostar and Eurotunnel are two entirely different companies with two different management teams. Eurostar is Eurotunnel's largest customer.
5. To book tickets for Eurostar, or to find out more information, go to www.eurostar.com , call 08705 186186 or contact your travel agent.
For more information:
Eurostar Press Office+44 (0)20 7922 firstname.lastname@example.org