Eurostar awards outstanding performance in the travel industry
30 Apr 2007
Eurostar, the high-speed train operator linking the UK with the Continent, is proud to announce the winners of its Sales Awards for outstanding performance over the last 12 months.
The awards were held on Wednesday last week at the stunning Canvas - a venue moments away from Eurostar's spectacular new St Pancras International terminal in central London. Over 250 key industry figures attended the evening, which recognised key organisations and individuals who have helped Eurostar deliver three years of record breaking results.
Winners included HSBC - awarded the highly coveted "Green Award" for clearly demonstrating to their travellers the environmental benefits of using Eurostar versus flying short-haul; and Rail Europe Group from the US, who walked away with two awards – "Outstanding Rail Partner" and "Best Overseas Campaign".
Individuals were also rewarded with Aubrey King from Carson Wagonlit Travel winning the award for Outstanding Performance at Management Level and Marie Doherty from Reed & Mackay being named best Eurostar Ambassador at Consultant/Reservations Level.
The winners were chosen by a panel of top judges, including Philip Carlisle, Chief Executive of the Guild of Travel Management Companies; Paul Tilstone, Executive Director, Institute of Travel Management; and Martine Ainsworth-Well, Marketing Director, Visit London.
The after-dinner entertainment was delivered by England Rugby hero, Jason Leonard, and the awards themselves were presented by Eurostar's Chief Executive, Richard Brown.
Emma Harris, Director of UK & International Sales, said: "The Awards were a fantastic occasion and it was brilliant to see so many of our key partners at the event. The purpose of the evening was to recognise that we wouldn't have delivered three consecutive years of outstanding results without our key partners in the industry. We wanted to thank them all for their efforts by giving them a great night on us and share with them our excitement about our history-making year!"
The full list of award categories and winners is as follows:
Most Innovative Off-Line Marketing Promotion – STA TravelGreen Award – HSBCInnovation Award – VFB HolidaysOutstanding Rail Partner Award – Rail Europe GroupMarketing Activity Award – BT Travel Management TeamEurostar Online Award – lastminute.comBest Overseas Campaign – Rail Europe GroupEurostar Ambassador at Consultant/Reservations Level - Marie Doherty – Reed & MackayOutstanding Performance at Management Level – Aubrey King – Carlson Wagonlit Travel
For more information about the Eurostar Sales Awards please visit www.eurostarsalesawards.com.
- ends -
1. Eurostar is the high-speed train service linking London, Ashford, Paris, Brussels, Lille, Avignon, Calais, Disneyland Resort Paris and the French Alps.
2. On 14 November 2007, Eurostar's London terminal will switch from Waterloo International to St. Pancras International. Journey times will reduce by 23-25 minutes, with London-Paris down to 2h 15m, London-Brussels in 1h 51m and London-Lille in just 1h20m.
3. In November, Eurostar will also launch services from Ebbsfleet International, a new UK station near junction 2 of the M25 motorway, close to the Dartford Crossing, with journey times that are ten minutes less than from St Pancras International.
4. Eurostar has won the title of "World's Leading Rail Service" for the last nine years at the World Travel Awards.
5. Eurostar and Eurotunnel are two entirely different companies with two different management teams. Eurostar is Eurotunnel's largest customer.
6. To book tickets for Eurostar, or to find out more information, go to www.eurostar.com , call 08705 186186 or contact your travel agent.
For more information:
Eurostar Press Office+44 (0)20 7922 email@example.com