Visit the FIFA 2006 World Cup in Germany by travelling on Eurostar
1 Mar 2006
- Fares from just £69 return
- Bookings taken now on 08457 660 421
Eurostar, the high-speed train operator, is now taking bookings for fans to travel to Germany for the FIFA World Cup 2006 during June and July. With fares from London or Ashford to Cologne from just £69 return, high-speed rail is the real alternative for football supporters to make the most of the matches in Germany.
Fans can travel from London or Ashford to Brussels where a simple connection onto high-speed ICE or Thalys services will take them on to Cologne which takes just over 5 hours, an hour less from Ashford. With only a 30-minute check-in at the UK terminals, rail is the comfortable, sociable alternative for travelling to and from the matches. Eurostar is taking both individual and group bookings through a dedicated booking line on 08457 660 421.
To maximise accessibility to the towns and cities hosting the matches, Eurostar is also selling German rail passes for periods of unlimited travel within the country. For England fans, this provides the flexibility to travel to Berlin on the 9 July, where they are hopeful that the 1966 World Cup victory may be repeated!
Eurostar's Commercial Director, Nick Mercer, commented: "Forget the hassles of flying: getting to and from airports, lengthy check-ins and cramped seats. Go by rail, enjoy the journey and really see where you are travelling to properly enjoy the build-up to great football matches".
Over 68 million travellers have used Eurostar since the services began in 1994, more than the total population of the UK.
1. Eurostar is the fast train service linking London, Ashford, Paris, Brussels, Lille, Avignon, Calais, Disneyland Resort Paris and the French Alps.
2. Eurostar has been named "World's Leading Rail Service" at the World Travel Awards every year since 1998.
3. In 2007, Eurostar switches its entire operation from London's Waterloo International to the new hub at St. Pancras International.
4. Eurostar and Eurotunnel are two entirely different companies with two different management teams. Eurostar is Eurotunnel's largest customer.
For more information:
Eurostar Press Office+44 (0)20 7922 firstname.lastname@example.org