Eurostar’s “quest” for the world’s best code cracker has been won by Olivier Klein of France
16 Jun 2006
Olivier Klein wins the ultimate prize which includes €200,000 and Eurostar travel for life
Eurostar, the high-speed train service and Global Partner of The Da Vinci Code movie, today (15 June) at the Ritz, Paris, announced the winner of the "Join the Quest" the biggest ever online competition which launched on 3 May 2006.
Olivier Klein wins the ultimate prize of €200,000, free travel on Eurostar for live plus deluxe accommodation at The Ritz, Paris and Claridge's, London plus a range of luxury events based in each of the cities.
The other four finalists win runners-up prizes:
-Eleanor Colling (22), Southampton, UK-Sébastien Delvaux (24), Angleur, Belgium-Christopher Williams (30), Sydney, Australia-Anjana Prasad (26), Chicago, USA
In a thrilling live finale watched by an independent judge and national and international press, the five finalists who had managed to win through from the US, Great Britain, France, Belgium and Australia/New Zealand had to crack five final clues to reveal the letters to open their own specially-made cryptex. Olivier completed this in just 10 minutes and 42.44 seconds.
Eurostar's Chairman, Guillaume Pepy, said: "Eurostar brings together the two capitals featured in The Da Vinci Code movie, like the Eurostar Quest brought together on the website players from around the world in a unique competition. The countries they represent should be truly proud."
Olivier Klein said: "This has been the most amazing experience of my life. We have been treated like kings. I am looking forward to discovering more about London and Paris. It is an amazing prize!"
FRANCE - Olivier Klein, 28, is single and an IT Technician from Schweighouse sur Moder. His hobbies include playing the piano, diving, rambling, music and films. Olivier thinks "the essence of the book was well replicated and that the puzzles were varied and needed lots of thought and research - a captivating adventure".
The Eurostar Quest Partners are:
Virgin Atlantic - will carry prizewinners to London from around the worldSony Ericsson - will supply mobile phones to winnersSony PSP - will supply consoles to winnersClaridge's, London - will supply luxury hotel accommodationThe Ritz, Paris - will supply luxury hotel accommodation and host The Grand FinalTransworld/Random House - will supply copies of the Illustrated Collector's Edition of The Da Vinci Code™ novel2K/Take Two - will supply The Da Vinci Code™ video game for PS2 to winnersDecca Records - will supply the soundtrack of The Da Vinci CodeHarrods, London - will supply a personal shopper and VIP treatment for the Eurostar Quest winnerGaleries Lafayette, Paris - who will close their store for the Eurostar Quest winner to spend in privacy
The Eurostar Quest was conceived by integrated marketing agency, space, and created by digital creative agency de-construct.
Eurostar is the fast train service linking London, Ashford, Paris, Brussels, Lille, Avignon, Calais, Disneyland Resort Paris and the French Alps.
2. Eurostar has won the title of "World's Leading Rail Service" for the last eight years at the World Travel Awards.
3. In autumn 2007, Eurostar will switch its UK operations to London's St. Pancras International. Journey times will fall further with London-Paris only 2h 15m; London-Brussels 1h 51m and London-Lille just 1h20m.
4. Eurostar and Eurotunnel are two entirely different companies with two different management teams. Eurostar is Eurotunnel's largest customer.
5. To book tickets for Eurostar, or to find out more information, go to www.eurostar.com , call 08705 186186 or contact your travel agent.
6. Columbia Pictures, part of the Columbia Tristar Motion Picture Group, is a Sony Pictures Entertainment company. Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America (SCA), a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production and distribution; television production and distribution; digital content creation and distribution; worldwide channel investments; home entertainment acquisition and distribution; operation of studio facilities; development of new entertainment products, services and technologies; and distribution of filmed entertainment in 67 countries. Sony Pictures Entertainment can be found at www.sonypictures.com