Eurostar gets set to carry Manchester United fans to Lille
15 Dec 2006
--10 daily services from London to Lille--Tickets from £55 return--Journey time of 1 hour 40 minutes
Eurostar, the high speed train operator linking the UK with the Continent, was today gearing up to carry large numbers of Manchester United fans to Lille for the team's crucial Champions League Quarter Final in February.
Lille lacks any direct flights from the UK making Eurostar's high speed rail services the easiest way to reach the northern French city. Eurostar runs 10 daily services from London Waterloo to Lille with a fastest journey time of just 1 hour 40 minutes. Eurostar's station in Lille is in the heart of the French city.
Eurostar is advising United fans to book quickly as tickets for travel around the 21 and 22 February are expected to sell fast. Eurostar's London-Lille return fares start from £55. Tickets can be booked on Eurostar.com or from 08705 186 186.
Simon Montague, Director of Communications, Eurostar, said: "Eurostar is the easiest, the quickest and the greenest way to get to Lille. We're looking forward to carrying large numbers of Manchester United fans as they get ready to cheer on their team."
- ends -
1. Eurostar is the high-speed train service linking London, Ashford, Paris, Brussels, Lille, Avignon, Calais, Disneyland Resort Paris and the French Alps.
2. On 14 November 2007, Eurostar's London terminal will switch from Waterloo International to St. Pancras International. Journey times will reduce, with London-Paris down to 2h 15m, London-Brussels in 1h 51m and London-Lille in just 1h20m. Eurostar will also launch services from Ebbsfleet International, a new UK station near junction 2 of the M25 motorway, to Paris and Brussels.
3. Eurostar has won the title of "World's Leading Rail Service" for the last nine years at the World Travel Awards.
4. Eurostar and Eurotunnel are two entirely different companies with two different management teams. Eurostar is Eurotunnel's largest customer.
5. To book tickets for Eurostar, or to find out more information, go to www.eurostar.com, call 08705 186186 or contact your travel agent.
For more information:
Eurostar Press Office+44 (0)20 7922 firstname.lastname@example.org
Gareth HeadonEurostar Corporate CommunicationsT. +44 (0) 20 7922 4425F. +44 (0) 20 7922 4499M. +44 (0) 7802 260 096