Extra Eurostar Services To Run During Christmas Holiday Period
12 Dec 2005
- High demand at Christmas leads to six extra services
- No Eurostar services on Christmas Day
- Direct ski services from London/Ashford to the French Alps commence on 23 and 24 December
Eurostar the high-speed passenger train which links the UK with France and Belgium will not be operating on Christmas Day and, like previous years, will be finishing services earlier on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve.
With bumper demand around Christmas there will be an extra six extra services, providing 4,500 seats, added to the timetable on the London – Paris route.
On Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve the last Eurostar service from the UK to Brussels will be the 16h39 from London, the 17h29 from Ashford. The last service from London to Paris will be the 17h09, the 17h59 from Ashford.
In Paris, on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve the last service will be 18h16, arriving in Ashford at 19h09 and Waterloo at 19h58.
On Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve in Brussels the last service will be the 17h56, arriving in Ashford at 18h36 and Waterloo at 19h28.
On Boxing Day through to 31 December, the first departures will be slightly later departing from London, Paris and Brussels. On New Year's Day a normal Sunday service will operate.
Eurostar is also launching its direct ski service to the French Alps for the 2005-2006 season. The first overnight service leaves Waterloo/Ashford on the evening of 23 December with the day service starting on Christmas Eve. The direct overnight service returning on New Year's Eve from the French Alps will arrive back in the UK on New Year's Day.
Notes to Editors:
1. Eurostar is the fast train service linking London, Ashford, Paris, Brussels, Lille, Avignon, Calais, Disneyland Resort Paris and the French Alps.2. In 2007, with the completion of the UK high-speed line to London St Pancras, journey times will be reduced still further. London to Paris will be 2hrs 15mins, London to Brussels will be 1hr 51mins and London to Lille 1hr 20mins.
3. Eurostar was named "Train Operator of the Year" at the 2005 HSBC Rail Awards, "World's Leading Rail Service" every year since 1998 at the World Travel Awards and "Best Worldwide Rail Operator" at the 2005 Buying Business Travel Awards.
5. Eurostar and Eurotunnel are two entirely different companies with two different management teams. Eurostar is Eurotunnel's largest customer.
6. To book tickets for Eurostar, or to find out more information, go to www.eurostar.com, call 08705 186 186 or contact your travel agent.
For more information:
Eurostar Press Office,+44 (0) 20 7922 4494,email@example.com