Eurostar Services Get Even Better For Business Travellers
14 Feb 2005
- Earlier arrivals in London and Brussels
Eurostar, the high-speed passenger train service that links the UK with France and Belgium, today unveiled an even better timetable for business travellers, with the first trains arriving even earlier in the centre of London and Brussels.
From Tuesdays to Fridays, the first train from Paris will now leave at 6h22 and arrive at London Waterloo at 7h58. This enables business travellers to arrive in comfort in London before 8h00, early enough for the first meeting of the day.
From Brussels, between Tuesday and Friday, the 7h01 departure will now arrive in London at 8h26, more than ten minutes earlier than originally timetabled. The first train from London to Brussels will also arrive much earlier, leaving London at 6h10 and arriving in Brussels at 9h37.
Paul Charles, Director of Communications, Eurostar, said: "Eurostar's now offering even more for business travellers. Earlier trains, record punctuality, faster city-centre to city-centre journeys and true comfort to help get the business day off to the right start."
Sales of Eurostar business tickets in the UK increased by 18.5% in 2004 compared with 2003. Over 7.2 million passengers travelled on Eurostar in 2004, up 15% on 2003.
Punctuality in 2004 was 89.2%, up 13% on the same period last year (78.3%) and the best-ever annual punctuality figure recorded by Eurostar. This compares with much lower punctuality rates for airline competitors operating on the London / Paris / Brussels routes.
In September, Eurostar will make further substantial changes to its on-board service by splitting first-class leisure and business passengers into separate carriages and introducing new-look catering.
1. Eurostar is the fast train service linking London, Ashford, Paris, Brussels, Lille, Avignon, Calais, Disneyland Resort Paris and the French Alps.
2. Eurostar was named "Train Operator of the Year" at the National Rail Awards 2004; "World's Leading Rail Service" in the 2003 and 2004 World Travel Awards; "Best Rail Network" at the Business Travel World Awards 2004 and "Best Rail Operator" at the Travel Weekly Globe Awards 2004.
3. Eurostar and Eurotunnel are two entirely different companies with two different management teams. Eurostar is Eurotunnel's largest customer.
4. To book tickets for Eurostar, or to find out more information, go to http://www.eurostar-uk.co.uk/, call 08705 186186 or contact your travel agent.