Eurostar broadens its horizons!
14 Dec 2005
- From 14 December Eurostar services can be booked 4 months / 120 days in advance
- Booking for TGV trains has also been extended from 60 to 90 days
Eurostar, the high-speed service which links the UK with France and Belgium today announced that travellers can now book up to 4 months, or 120 days, before travel, instead of the 3-month limit previously in place.
The changes will significantly benefit leisure travellers who want to be able to book key holiday periods and need the reassurance of having confirmed bookings well in advance.
More good news for rail travellers is that SNCF, the French Railway operator, has extended its booking horizon from 60 days to 90 days. Therefore, travellers wishing to travel on Eurostar and connect in Lille or Paris onto TGV services to cities such as Lyon, Dijon, Avignon, Grenoble, Bordeaux, Marseilles and Tours can also book further in advance.
Eurostar's Director of Communications, Paul Charles, commented: "Travellers can now book their trips even further in advance, enabling them to take advantage of the best-value fares not just on Eurostar but also in hotels and other tourist locations. Some of our services, such as those for Disneyland Paris, Avignon and the French Alps will still be able to be booked more than 4 months in advance."
He added: "Unlike airlines, rail companies offer shorter booking horizons because they have to operate around key engineering works carried out by those maintaining the rail lines and stations on their routes."
1. Eurostar is the fast train service linking London, Ashford, Paris, Brussels, Lille, Avignon, Calais, Disneyland Resort Paris and the French Alps.
2. In 2007, with the completion of the UK high-speed line to London St Pancras, journey times will be reduced still further. London to Paris will be 2hrs 15mins, London to Brussels will be 1hr 51mins and London to Lille 1hr 20mins.
3. Eurostar was named "Train Operator of the Year" at the 2005 HSBC Rail Awards, "World's Leading Rail Service" every year since 1998 at the World Travel Awards and "Best Worldwide Rail Operator" at the 2005 Buying Business Travel Awards.
5. Eurostar and Eurotunnel are two entirely different companies with two different management teams. Eurostar is Eurotunnel's largest customer.
6. To book tickets for Eurostar, or to find out more information, go to www.eurostar.com, call 08705 186 186 or contact your travel agent.
For more information:
Eurostar Press Office,+44 (0) 20 7922 4494,firstname.lastname@example.org