Eurostar unveils future plans to its key travel partners
28 Sep 2004
- London-Brussels in 1 hour 53 minutes
- London-Paris in 2 hours 15 minutes
Eurostar today (28 September 2004) hosted a reception at London's IMAX cinema for its key travel partners from the UK travel trade.
Over 400 attendees from across the UK travel industry were able to watch a unique 3-D Eurostar film specially shot for the event and were also briefed on Eurostar's future plans following the completion of the Channel Tunnel Rail Link in 2007.
Eurostar announced that from 2007 its trains will run on a dedicated high-speed line into a new London terminal called St Pancras International. No final decision has yet been made about whether Eurostar will solely serve St Pancras or use the new terminal alongside Waterloo International, the existing Eurostar London terminal.
Two other new Eurostar stations will also open on the high-speed line - Stratford International and Dartford International - they will join the Eurostar station in Kent: Ashford International.
The completion of the high-speed line will enable Eurostar to further reduce its fastest city-centre to city-centre journey times:
Guests at the IMAX were also given the opportunity to see a live demonstration of the onboard wi-fi service that will be introduced on all Eurostar trains next year. Intel, a leader in mobile technology, was at the IMAX to demonstrate the technology to the attendees.
Paul Charles, Eurostar's Director of Communications, said: "This is a tremendously exciting day for Eurostar. We are delighted to be able to give our key travel partners the opportunity to be first to hear about our 2007 journey times and the first to hear about our planned onboard product changes."
Notes to editors.
1. Eurostar is the fast train service linking London, Ashford, Paris, Brussels, Lille, Avignon, Calais, Disneyland Resort Paris and the French Alps.
2. Eurostar was named "Train Operator of the Year" at the National Rail Awards 2004; "World's Leading Rail Service" in the 2003 World Travel Awards; "Best Rail Network" at the Business Travel World Awards 2004 and "Best Rail Operator" at the Travel Weekly Globe Awards 2004.
3. Eurostar and Eurotunnel are two different companies with two different management teams. Eurostar is Eurotunnel's largest customer.
4. To book tickets for Eurostar, or to find out more information, go to www.eurostar.com , call 08705 186186 or contact your travel agent.