Eurostar runs extra trains because of high Christmas and New Year demand
14 Dec 2004
- Fares from £59 return to Paris, Disneyland Resort Paris and Brussels and any Belgian Station
- Fares from £55 return to Lille and Calais
- Great Christmas/New Year menus for First Class travellers
Eurostar, the international high-speed passenger train operator, today announced it would be operating an extra 17 trains over Christmas and the New Year because of high demand.
A 750-seat Eurostar train is broadly the equivalent of two jumbo jets. Already many services on key dates around the Christmas holiday period are nearly completely full.
Extra services from London direct to Paris will run on 22, 23, 24, 27, 29 and 30 December. From Paris there will be extra services on 20, 26, 28, 29 and 30 December and from Paris to London/Ashford on 1, 2 and 3 January 2005.
An additional service from Brussels/Lille to London will run on 27 December and from Brussels/Lille to London/Ashford on 2 January 2005. Fares start from £55 to Lille and Calais and from £59 to Paris, Disneyland Resort Paris and any Belgian station.
Eurostar's Director of Communications, Paul Charles: "We are delighted that this is going to be another exceptional season for the business. However, the message is clear for those who haven't booked – book now or miss out on the best deals.
"The majority of passengers at this time of the year are visiting families and friends particularly on the London–Paris and London–Brussels routes. The remainder are office parties, shopping trips, early Christmas presents and families and friends who have decided to have a great day out over the holiday period having a slap-up meal in an exclusive restaurant in another city" he added.
On Friday 17 December though to Saturday 1 January inclusive, Eurostar will be offering its special Christmas menu in First Class and Premium First (London-Paris route only). With delicious starters such as foie gras of duck with a pear fan and flaked almonds or smoked salmon & blinis with fig cream, lemon zest & salmon roe; main courses such as pheasant & chanterelle terrine with cranberry chutney and fillet of duck with new potatoes & roast chestnuts; with baby pear & cranberry, rounded off with desserts such as Christmas pudding cheesecake and Christmas Clafoutis with mulled wine fruits all accompanied by a choice of wines.
First class leisure day trip fares are from £119 return to Paris, Brussels and any Belgian station and to Lille and Calais are £110 return - a great seasonal treat!
1. Eurostar is the fast train service linking London, Ashford, Paris, Brussels, Lille, Avignon, Calais, Disneyland Resort Paris and the French Alps.
2. Eurostar services are up to 40 minutes faster for return journeys, as the Channel Tunnel Rail Link enables trains to run at speeds of up to 186mph (300 km/h).
3. Eurostar was named "World's Leading Rail Service" in the 2004 World Travel Awards; "Best Rail Network" at the Business Travel World Awards 2004 and "Best Rail Operator" at the Travel Weekly Globe Awards 2004.
4. Eurostar and Eurotunnel are two different companies with two different management teams. Eurostar is Eurotunnel's largest customer.
5. More information about Eurostar can be found at www.eurostar.com, on 08705 186 186, in person at Waterloo or Ashford International Terminals or through registered agents.
For more information:Contact the Eurostar Press Office020 7922 4494or firstname.lastname@example.org