Travel with children
Find out everything you need to know about taking your kids on Eurostar.
Children under four years old
Kids under four can travel for free on Eurostar, provided they can sit on an adult's lap. Here's how it works:
- Your child will need to sit on your lap throughout the whole journey.
- If you want them to have their own seat you'll need to buy a child ticket (see below).
- Travelling with more than one child under four? They'll each need to sit on an adult's lap.
- Travelling alone with two or more kids under four? You'll need to take one on your lap and buy child tickets for the others.
- Remember, kids of any age need their own passport to travel.
Child tickets for kids aged four to eleven
Special fares for kids aged four to eleven years old are available in Standard class.
Children, 12 years of age and over, are eligible for our youth fares.
Find out more about children travelling alone.
How much luggage can I bring?
On top of our normal luggage allowances, you can bring one pushchair and one car seat per child.
Need help with your luggage?
If you’re travelling alone with little ones, simply ask one of our team at the station and we’ll do our best to help you get everything from check-in to the train. Just bear in mind that we may have to help people with reduced mobility first.
If you’ll need help at your destination too, please let us know before you board.
Child facilities on board
All of our trains have baby changing facilities. If you'd like to sit nearby, simply log in and choose your seats once you've booked.
If there's space, you can also choose to sit around a table so you can spread out the colouring books or get stuck into a game on the way.
Food and drink for all the family
Café Métropole, our onboard bar buffet, has food, drinks and snacks for every appetite, including a special meal deal for kids.
We don't sell baby food but we're happy to help by warming it up at Café Métropole.