Child luggage allowance
Kids travelling on a children’s ticket can take:
- 1 piece of luggage (up to 85cm long)
- 1 piece of hand luggage
Children under 4 years old
Kids under 4 can travel for free on Eurostar, provided they can sit on an adult's lap. Here's how it works:
- Your child will need to sit on your lap throughout the whole journey.
- If you want them to have their own seat you'll need to buy a child ticket (see below).
- Travelling with more than one child under 4? They'll each need to sit on an adult's lap.
- Travelling alone with two or more kids under 4? You'll need to take one on your lap and buy child tickets for the others.
- Remember, kids of any age need their own passport to travel.
Fares for children over 4 years old
Special fares for kids aged 4 to 11 years old are available in Standard class.
Children, aged 12 and over, are eligible for our youth fares.
Child facilities on board
All of our trains have baby changing facilities. If you'd like to sit nearby, simply log in and choose your seats once you've booked.
If there's space, you can also choose to sit around a table so you can spread out the colouring books or get stuck into a game on the way.
Child-friendly options are available at Café Métropole, our onboard bar buffet.
We don't sell baby food but we're happy to help by warming it up at Café Métropole.
Pregnant or travelling solo with children under 4
If you think you need an extra pair of hands,you can pre-book assistancefor your journey.
One of our team will be able to support you through the whole departure process, from going through the ticket gates to passing security and stepping on board.
We’ll also be able to help you once your train arrives in its destination. If you only need assistance for part of thedeparture process, make sure you let our teams know so they can help you accordingly.
Please note that some of our local providers in France and Belgium can only offer assistance to pregnant women, but aren’t able to do so for adults travelling alone with children.