Print Eurostar tickets
Ticket options will be shown during your booking process. The options are as follows:
1. Print at home
This will allow you to print your tickets using your own printer. Your printed ticket will have a unique bar code which will allow you access through the check in gates.
- Print at home is not available for train and hotel package bookings, which will only have the option of collecting tickets from the station.
- Print at home is currently only available for Eurostar travel. If you have booked onward travel the Print at home option will not be available.
- If you have also booked UK rail travel with us the Print at home option will be only be given for the Eurostar part of your booking. You would need to collect your UK rail travel tickets from the station on departure.
- If you make a booking within 49 hours of travel you will not be offered 'Print at home'. You will still be able to collect your ticket from the station on departure.
2. Tickets on departure
Your Eurostar tickets will be available for collection from either the Eurostar self service ticket machines or Eurostar ticket desk at your departure station*.
Tickets may be collected at any time before departure but please allow at least 45 minutes before your scheduled Eurostar departure.
- The cardholder must be present at the time of ticket collection with the payment card in order for us to be able to issue tickets.
- A form of ID must be present when collecting the tickets.
- E-payment (virtual credit cards) cannot be used if you are collecting a ticket from the station.
Ticket by mail
In line with our 'Tread lightly' policy in helping to reduce our carbon footprint and that of our travellers, we no longer send tickets by mail.