3: CLAIMING EXPENSES
We know how stressful it can be if delays have disrupted your journey and you need to make other plans in a hurry. That’s why we’ll be happy to cover some of the costs involved. We hope this helps make things just a little bit easier.
In many cases, your costs will be covered by your insurance provider, so it’s a good idea to check with them first.
YOU’RE ELIGIBLE IF…
- Your train is delayed or cancelled and you need to stay the night in London
- You’re going to miss your onward journey
WE CAN OFFER…
- A taxi – if you’d prefer to spend the night at home or at a friend’s place, we’ll cover the cost of a taxi for you to get there, up to £50 per taxi
- A hotel stay – up to £150 per room per night
- Meals – up to £50 per person per 24 hour period
If you have any other expenses, talk to your insurance provider about claiming these.
HOW TO CLAIM
- Make sure you keep your original tickets and all your receipts – you’ll need these to make your claim.
- Before you get in touch with us, it’s best to wait until 72 hours after your train was due to leave. That way, we can gather all the information we need about the disruption and put together the right claim for you.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with all your scanned receipts or call us on 03432 186 186 (or, from outside the UK, +44 1233 617 575). From France you can also dial 01 70 70 60 99 and from Belgium you can reach us on 02 400 67 76.