We have quiet coaches on all our trains. Book a seat in coach 8 or 11 at no extra cost and enjoy a calm environment where you can work or relax in peace.
What are quiet coaches?
These coaches provide a calm environment on board where you can work or relax in peace. People in quiet coaches should be considerate to their fellow passengers by:
- keeping noise to a minimum;
- putting mobile phones on silent or vibrate;
- taking phone calls in the vestibule;
- using headphones to listen to music or watch videos, with the volume on low;
- talking quietly.
How can I book a seat in a quiet coach?
If you can select your seating preference when booking, simply choose a seat in coach 8 or 11.
Can't choose a seating preference when booking?
You have two options:
1. Speak to one of our staff at the manned check-in desks.
2. Speak to a member of the crew once you're on the train. In this case the crew will try to find you a seat in a quiet coach after the train departs. This will depend on whether seats are available.
- The quiet coach service is only available in coaches 8 and 11. These will be Standard Premier and/or Business Premier coaches depending on the time and date of the train.
- The quiet coach service is strictly subject to availability.
- The on board crew may remind travellers to respect the peaceful nature of the quiet coach. In extreme circumstances they may relocate people to another coach.
- On board the train, subject to availability and at the Train Manager's sole discretion, travellers will be able to: move from a non quiet coach to a quiet coach (upon payment of the appropriate upgrade fee for those travelling in Standard); or move from a quiet coach to a non quiet coach (either Standard Premier or Business Premier, depending on the nature of the traveller's ticket).
- Due to the nature of our direct trains to Disney (Marne-la-Vallée), Avignon and ski destinations (Moûtiers, Aime-la-Plagne and Bourg-St-Maurice), we cannot guarantee there will be quiet coaches on these trains.
- In times of severe disruption, the Train Manager may suspend the quiet coach service at his or her sole discretion.
- The quiet coach service is only available on board the Eurostar part of your journey. It is not valid on any onward travel with other operators.
- The quiet coach service is available as a free, additional benefit for Standard Premier and Business Premier travellers. We will offer no compensation if we are unable to provide the quiet coach service on board the train for any reason.