Connecting via Brussels Midi with a Thalys
To get to your destination, you'll need to change at Brussels Midi. Here's how.
Changing in Brussels Midi
Eurostar trains arrive at platforms 1 and 2 at the main Brussels station. It's called Bruxelles Midi in French, Brussel Zuid in Flemish, Brussels South Station in English.
- From your Eurostar train, head to the Connections exit between coaches 11 and 16. This is the quickest route to the platforms for Thalys trains.
- From the quick Connections exit on the ground floor, turn left through the double doors and look for your connecting train number and time on the departure boards
- Thalys high speed services usually leave from platforms 3, 4, 5 or 6, but always check the departure boards, just to be sure. You can then take the lift or escalators up to platforms 3 and 4 or 5 and 6.
- Once you're on the platform, before boarding your Thalys train, look for the Composition des trains sign to find your carriage
- There's no check-in time for Thalys trains, so you can hop on and find a seat right away
- On your return journey, just remember that your Thalys train's final destination is Paris, calling at Brussels Midi
- When you get to Brussels Midi, take the escalator or lift down and you'll arrive in the Thalys area. Exit into the main station and turn left to find the Eurostar check-in, opposite Sam's Café
- Remember to check in at least 30 minutes before your train's departure if you're travelling in Standard class, and 10 minutes if you're in Business Premier
Click here for an easy guide to connect with a Thalys service in Brussels Midi.
Find out more about Thalys trains to the Netherlands