Travel to Belgium
Connecting via Brussels Midi with an Any Belgian Station ticket
To get to your destination, you'll need to buy an Any Belgian Station ticket and change at Brussels Midi. Here's how...
In the know
- Any Belgian Station tickets are valid on Eurostar trains to Brussels, and then on any suitable connecting train service from Brussels to Belgian destinations, as long as you complete your journey within 24 hours of your Eurostar train arriving in Brussels. This doesn't include Thalys or ICE trains
- On your return, you can travel from your Belgian destination to Brussels on any suitable train, except Thalys or ICE high-speed trains, within 24 hours before your Eurostar train departs from Brussels to London. You can use your Any Belgian Station tickets to travel on InterCity trains
- The times on your tickets are just the departure and arrival times of your Eurostar service to and from Brussels
- Your travel class on the domestic Belgian InterCity train will be the same as the class you travelled in on board Eurostar, although at seat catering is not available on InterCity services
Eurostar trains arrive at platforms 1 and 2 at the main Brussels station. It's called Bruxelles Midi in French, Brussel Zuid in Flemish, Brussels South Station in English.
- After stepping off the Eurostar train, walk past the front of the train towards the end of the platforms and down the escalators, exiting the Eurostar terminal onto the main station concourse
- Or from your Eurostar train, head to the Connections exit between coaches 11 and 16 and once downstairs turn left through the double doors
- Look at the destination boards to find the next train to your final destination. You don't need to reserve a seat or check in – just hop on and find any empty seat
- Allow at least 20 minutes to change trains in Brussels on the outward journey
- On your return, you'll arrive in the main station concourse. Exit into the main station area and you'll find the Eurostar check-in, opposite Sam's Café
- Remember to check in at least 30 minutes before your train leaves if you're travelling in Standard class, and 10 minutes if you're in Business Premier
Check our easy guide to connect with a domestic rail service in Belgium
For a complete list of our destinations in Belgium click here.