Delays are rare on our services, but when they do occur, we have a generous compensation policy in place to make it up to you.
|Discounted / complimentary travel*||Partial refund (PRR)**|
|Delays of 60-119 minutes||Free one-way journey, or 50% discount on a return journey||25% if your original booking was one-way, or 12.5% of the total fare if your original journey was a return|
|Delays of 120-299 minutes||Free return journey||OR||50% if your original booking was one-way, or 25% of the total fare if your original journey was a return|
|Delays of over 300 minutes||Free return journey, plus a refund of the leg if the delayed journey was a one-way or 50% of the total if it was a return|
* Claim within 12 months, by telephone
** Claim within 60 days, by email
How to claim
If you're caught up in a delay, hold on to your original ticket and call us within a year of your journey to claim your compensation.
Please allow 72 hours from your date of travel before contacting us so we have all the necessary information available.
The Traveller Care number is 01777 777 879, open 09:00-17:00 Monday to Friday.
If you've already taken your journey and found something didn't go to plan, email email@example.com.
Include details of what happened and your six-letter booking reference, and our Traveller Care team will get on the case.
If you haven't yet made your Eurostar journey, please use our contact form.
Using your compensation to book a ticket
To make a Eurostar booking using your compensation call the reservations team on 08432 186 186:
- Monday to Friday: 08:00-19:00
- Weekends: 09:00-17:00
Ski and Avignon services
You may only use your compensation entitlement to book Eurostar tickets to Avignon and the French Alps if the delay you originally experienced was on a direct service to one of these destinations. In such a case you may also use your compensation for tickets to our core destinations (Paris,Brussels,Lille and Disneyland®Paris).
Remember that there is generally less availability on ski and Avignon services than on our core routes.
Services that are not scheduled to cross the Channel Tunnel
Delay compensation for holders of tickets that are not scheduled to cross the Channel Tunnel (E.g. Brussels-Lille, Lille-Brussels, Brussels-Calais, Calais-Brussels, Paris-Calais or Calais-Paris) is only given as a partial (PRR) refund calculated according to the table above. The discounted/complimentary travel option is not available.
Important - terms and conditions
- Any discounted or complimentary journey offered will be in the same class of travel as the one on which the delay occurred
- All Eurostar tickets are subject to availability. You must book your discounted/complimentary tickets within 12 months of the date of the original delay
- You can transfer your compensation entitlement to a friend or family member if you wish, but once you have booked the journey you cannot change the name on the ticket
- If you use your compensation entitlement to book a free ticket, this will be exchangeable (in terms of dates and times) only once before the departure time stated on the ticket (subject to availability).However, if you use your compensation entitlement for a 50% discount off a ticket, the exchange and refund conditions of that fare will apply
- You must claim any European legislation (PRR) refunds within 60 days of the original delay
- Your new compensation journey will not be valid on any connecting Belgian/Dutch domestic services, so you'll need to purchase any onward travel tickets separately.