26/08/2014 BEAT THE POST SUMMER HOLIDAY BLUES: Eurostar launches an express ticket sale with fares from just £59 return
26 Aug 2014
Eurostar, the high-speed passenger rail service linking the UK with mainland Europe, is launching a thirteen day express sale from 28 August – 9 September with three amazing offers for autumn and winter getaways:
- 135,000 seats available, with return fares from only £59 for standard travel from London, Ashford or Ebbsfleet to Paris, Brussels, Lille or Calais
- Travel in Standard Premier from just £149 return on both weekdays and weekends and enjoy a light meal onboard in more spacious surroundings*
- Travel to any Belgian station including Bruges, Ghent and Antwerp from £69 return in Standard class or £166 return in Standard Premier
Holidaymakers looking to beat the post summer blues have thirteen days to book their discounted trip with the ticket sale running from 28 August – 9 September for travel from 22 September – 17 December 2014.
Mary Walsh, Director of Communications for Eurostar said; "We're encouraging our customers to banish the post summer blues by taking advantage of these irresistibly low fares for an autumn or winter getaway. Whether you're after a festive visit to the Christmas markets in Bruges or a romantic mini break to Paris, there's never been a better time to travel."
Eurostar passengers travelling to Paris, Brussels and Lille can also take advantage of 2 for 1 entry into a range of top museums and galleries including Musée d'Orsay in Paris and Bozar in Brussels, by simply showing their Eurostar tickets at entry.
For more information or to book Eurostar tickets visit www.eurostar.com or call the Eurostar contact centre on 08432 186 186.
Notes to Editors
Terms and Conditions:
- Based on bookings made between 28.08.14 to 09.09.14 for travel between 22.09.14 and 17.12.14
- Due to school holidays in the UK, France and Belgium bookings cannot be made for travel on 03.10.14 to 06.10.14, 17.10.14 to 03.11.14, 10.11.14 - 13.11.14
- 135,000 seats available at £59 return (67,500 return tickets) – correct as of 20 August 2014
- *On Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, Standard Premier discounted fares are only valid for travel between 08h30 and 16h00
- A £4 fee will apply to all credit card bookings, no charge is made for payments with a debit card
- For full terms and conditions visit Eurostar.com
- Eurostar is the high-speed train service linking St Pancras International, Ebbsfleet International, Ashford International, Paris, Brussels, Lille, Calais, Disneyland Resort Paris, Avignon and the French Alps.
- Eurostar was established in 1994 as a partnership between three railway companies: SNCF, SNCB and LCR (London and Continental Railways). On 1 September 2010, Eurostar became a single, unified corporate entity owned by three shareholders: SNCF, SNCB and LCR.
- The current Eurostar train was first introduced into service in 1994 carrying 750 passengers and operating at speeds of up to 300kph. Since then, the fleet of 28 trains has carried more than 130 million passengers between London and the Continent. Following their refurbishment these trains will continue to form a core part of the Eurostar fleet. The new e320 will carry around 900 passengers at speeds of up to 320kph.
- Eurostar is a founder member of Railteam, a partnership between Europe's leading high-speed train operators that is developing simpler ways to book and travel on the fast-expanding, European high-speed rail network.
- Eurostar and Eurotunnel are entirely separate companies. Eurostar operates high-speed passenger trains, while Eurotunnel operates vehicle shuttle services and the Channel Tunnel itself. Eurostar is Eurotunnel's biggest customer.
For more information:
Eurostar Press Office
020 7843 5500