10/12/2013 Stories are waiting…take two: Eurostar releases re-edit of latest advert using stories from its passengers
10 Dec 2013
Eurostar is launching a new version of its award-winning “Maybe” advertisement, featuring real stories from its passengers.
The re-edit was created working with AMV BBDO and will make its debut on stories.eurostar.com today (Monday 9th December) before it goes live across Eurostar’s social channels.
The original advertisement, which has been viewed over 330 million times - including over 4 million views on social channels alone - since it launched in mid October, showcased the quirky, vibrant and humorous sides of Paris and London and the different experiences travellers can enjoy when they visit these cities. Both adverts closed with the line ‘stories are waiting’, and invited people to create their own stories and memories and share them via Eurostar’s social media channels for the chance to feature within the re-edit.
After receiving over 700,000 interactions on Twitter, Facebook and You Tube about the campaign, Eurostar was overwhelmed by over 1100 entries into its re-edit competition. After a difficult selection process, the re-edit features contributions from Eurostar passengers and top bloggers, with the winning stories unveiled for the first time when the advert airs online.
Lionel Benbassat, Director of Marketing and Brand at Eurostar said: “We were overwhelmed by the quality of the entries we received. It’s been a real pleasure to be part of the stories of so many of our passengers and we hope this re-edit will inspire many more to make their own stories with Eurostar.”
Media planning for the ‘Maybe’ campaign was done by Arena, with the creative and social media activation run by AMV in the UK and CLM BBDO in France and Belgium.
To view the re-make of Eurostar’s Maybe advert, visit http://stories.eurostar.com/
For more information please contact:
Eurostar Press Office
020 7843 5500
- Eurostar is the high-speed train service linking St Pancras International, Ebbsfleet International, Ashford International, Paris, Brussels, Lille, Calais, Disneyland Resort Paris, Avignon and the French Alps.
- Eurostar was established in 1994 as a partnership between three railway companies: SNCF, SNCB and LCR (London and Continental Railways). On 1 September 2010, Eurostar became a single, unified corporate entity owned by three shareholders: SNCF, SNCB and LCR.
- The current Eurostar train was first introduced into service in 1994 carrying 750 passengers and operating at speeds of up to 300kph. Since then, the fleet of 28 trains has carried more than 130 million passengers between London and the Continent.
- Eurostar is a founder member of Railteam, a partnership between Europe’s leading high-speed train operators that is developing simpler ways to book and travel on the fast-expanding, European high-speed rail network.
- Eurostar and Eurotunnel are entirely separate companies. Eurostar operates high-speed passenger trains, while Eurotunnel operates vehicle shuttle services and the Channel Tunnel itself. Eurostar is Eurotunnel’s biggest customer.
About AMV BBDO
- AMV BBDO is the UK’s largest advertising agency and has been ranked number one agency by Nielsen for the last 16 consecutive years.
- AMV employs well over 400 people and works across 85 brands including BlackBerry, Guinness, BT, Aviva, PepsiCo and Camelot and has one simple aim with all of them: to help solve their business challenge with creative ideas that change the competitive landscape.
- AMV works across all media producing award-winning work in TV, Print, Radio, Experiential and Online. AMV is part of the BBDO network, the third largest Agency network in the world, with 288 offices across 80 countries.
- AMV was the most awarded agency in the UK in 2012 (Gunn Report, Big Won) and currently holds Agency Of The Year positions for both APG Strategy and IPA Effectiveness as well as the Inaugural Creative Effectiveness Grand Prix at Cannes Lions 2011.
- The agency was recently ranked 17 in Sunday Times Best 100 Companies to Work For 2012.
For more information about AMV BBDO please contact:
Communications Director at AMV BBDO
020 7616 3626
- Founded in 1990, Arena is a fully integrated media planning and buying agency. Arena is the UK operation of the Arena Network, the fastest growing division of Havas.
- In the UK the agency has a team of 145, with a senior management team who have worked together at the agency for over 10 years. Arena has been growing steadily in recent years, with billings increasing by over 40% in the last year.
- Long-term clients include Domino’s Pizza, LG and Eurostar.
For further information about Arena please contact:
Edwina Boyd-Gibbins at Pumpkin
020 7287 2007