03/09/2013 CHEAP AS FRITES
3 Sep 2013
Eurostar launches an express ticket sale with three fantastic offers
Eurostar, the high-speed passenger service linking London and mainland Europe, is launching a twelve day express sale from the 5 – 16 September with three exciting offers for autumn and winter getaways:
- 150,000 seats available, with return fares from only £59 for standard travel from London, Ashford or Ebbsfleet to Paris, Brussels, Lille or Calais (available predominantly on weekdays)
- Travel in Standard Premier from just £159 return on both weekdays and weekends and enjoy a light meal onboard in more spacious surroundings*
- Travel to any Belgian station including Bruges, Ghent and Antwerp from £69 return in standard class
Holidaymakers hoping to banish the post summer blues have twelve days in which to book the reduced Eurostar fares, with the ticket sale running from the 5 to the 16 September. Travel is valid for the period from 30 September to the 19 December 2013.
Mary Walsh, Director of Communications for Eurostar said; “Whether you’re after a romantic break in Paris or a visit to the Christmas markets in Bruges, our destinations are perfect for autumn and winter getaways. With irresistible low fares available for travel up until mid December, there is ample opportunity for passengers to indulge in a mini break in the coming months.”
Eurostar travellers to Paris, Brussels and Lille can also take advantage of 2 for 1 entry into paying exhibitions and permanent collections at some of the cities most popular museums and galleries, all by simply showing their Eurostar tickets at entry.
For more information or to book Eurostar tickets visit www.eurostar.com
Notes to Editors
Terms and Conditions
- Based on bookings made between 05.09.13 to 16.09.13 for travel between 30.09.13 and 19.12.13
- Due to school holidays in the UK, France and Belgium bookings cannot be made for travel from the 04.10.13 to the 07.10.13, from the 24.10.13 to the 04.11.2013 and from the 08.11.13 to 11.11.13
- 150,000 seats available at £59 return (75,000 return tickets) – correct as of 5 September 2013
- *On Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, Standard Premier discounted fares are only valid for travel between 08h30 and 16h00
- A £4 fee will apply to all credit card bookings, no charge is made for payments with a debit card
- Travel to Disneyland Paris is excluded from the offer
- For full terms and conditions visit Eurostar.com
1. Eurostar is the high-speed train service linking St Pancras International, Ebbsfleet International, Ashford International, Paris, Brussels, Lille, Calais, Disneyland® Paris, Avignon and the French Alps.
2. Eurostar was established in 1994 as a partnership between three railway companies: SNCF, SNCB and LCR (London and Continental Railways). On 1 September 2010, Eurostar became a single, unified corporate entity owned by three shareholders: SNCF, SNCB and LCR.
3. The current Eurostar train was first introduced into service in 1994 carrying 750 passengers and operating at speeds of up to 300kph. Since then, the fleet of 28 trains has carried more than 130 million passengers between London and the Continent. Following their refurbishment these trains will continue to form a core part of the Eurostar fleet. The new Eurostar e320 will carry more than 900 passengers at speeds of up to 320kph.
4. Eurostar is a founder member of Railteam, a partnership between Europe’s leading high-speed train operators that is developing simpler ways to book and travel on the fast-expanding European high-speed rail network.
For more information about Eurostar please contact:
Eurostar Press Office
t: 00 44 (0) 20 7843 5500