Treat yourself to a Winter Getaway for less as Eurostar offers 10% discounts on fares
12 Sep 2011
Until midnight on Friday 2 December, Eurostar, the high-speed passenger service that links Britain and the continent is offering passengers a 10% discount on travel to Paris, Brussels and Lille (between 1 December and 9 February 2012).
Across the country people can treat themselves to a winter getaway for less, by simply booking their trips via eurostar.com and using the promotion codes below:
London - Paris LONPARIS
Ashford - Paris ASHPARIS
Ebbsfleet - Paris EBBPARIS
London - Brussels LONBRUSSELS
Ashford - Brussels ASHBRUSSELS
Ebbsfleet – Brussels EBBBRUSSELS
London - Lille LONLILE
Ashford - Lille ASHLILLE
Ebbsfleet - Lille EBBLILLE
Using these codes will provide an automatic 10% discount on Standard and Standard Premier adult non-flexible single or return journeys from London St Pancras International, Ashford International or Ebbsfleet International to Paris, Brussels or Lille. To receive the 10% discount customers must use the codes for bookings made before midnight on 2 December, for travel between 1 December 2011 and 9 February 2012.
With Christmas markets in full swing and winter festivals and exhibitions underway, there is no better time to visit Paris, Brussels or Lille and with Eurostar Plus your money goes even further when you're there. Travellers simply use their Eurostar ticket to receive 2-for-1 entry into paying exhibitions at top museums and galleries in Paris, Brussels and Lille. So, whether you're visiting the Diane Arbus photography exhibition at the le Jeu de Paume in Paris or seeing instruments from around the world at the musical instrument museum in Brussels, there's plenty to keep you entertained with Eurostar's Plus Culture offers this winter.
In addition, Eurostar's Plus Gourmet offers also give passengers up to 50% discounts on meals at popular restaurants in Paris, Brussels and Lille, by booking their table via the Eurostar and toptable websites and presenting their Eurostar ticket at the restaurant on arrival.
Nick Mercer, Commercial Director for Eurostar said: "With so much going on in Paris, Brussels and Lille over the winter it's easy to see why for many of our passengers this is their favourite time of year to visit. These discounts and our exclusive Eurostar Plus offers give customers the perfect excuse to treat themselves to a winter getaway, while leaving more money in the budget to enjoy the Christmas and New Year magic!"
Tickets for travel from London to Paris, Brussels or Lille start from £69 return in Standard and £159 return in Standard Premier and can be booked up to 4 months in advance.
For more information or to book Eurostar visit http://www.eurostar.com/UK/uk/leisure/eurostar_deals/november_2011_promo... or call 03448 224 777.
Note to editors:
Terms and conditions apply for the 10% discount codes visit http://www.eurostar.com/UK/uk/leisure/eurostar_deals/november_2011_promo... for further information
1. Eurostar is the high-speed train service linking St Pancras International, Ebbsfleet International, Ashford International, Paris, Brussels, Lille, Calais, Disneyland Resort Paris, Avignon and the French Alps.
2. Eurostar was established in 1994 as a partnership between three railway companies: SNCF, SNCB and LCR (London and Continental Railways). On 1 September 2010, Eurostar became a single, unified corporate entity owned by three shareholders: SNCF, SNCB and LCR.
3. The current Eurostar train was first introduced into service in 1994 carrying 750 passengers and operating at speeds of up to 300kph. Since then, the fleet of 28 trains has carried more than 100 million passengers between London and the Continent. Following their refurbishment these trains will continue to form a core part of the Eurostar fleet. The new Eurostar e320 will carry more than 900 passengers at speeds of up to 320kph.
4. Eurostar is a founder member of Railteam, a partnership between Europe's leading high-speed train operators that is developing simpler ways to book and travel on the fast-expanding, European high-speed rail network.
5. The Eurostar Ashden Award for Sustainable Travel
- Since 2001 the Ashden awards have been supporting sustainability projects across the globe and now they're working with Eurostar to promote sustainable travel
- As part of the Tread Lightly programme to cut carbon and get people thinking differently about their journeys, Eurostar has launched the Ashden Award for Sustainable Travel
- With a prize fund and a host of benefits, the Eurostar Ashden Award for Sustainable Travel will celebrate and support local sustainable travel projects in the UK, France and Belgium
6. Eurostar and Eurotunnel are entirely separate companies. Eurostar operates high-speed passenger trains, while Eurotunnel operates vehicle shuttle services and the Channel Tunnel itself. Eurostar is Eurotunnel's biggest customer.
7. To book tickets or for more travel information, please visit www.eurostar.com or call 03448 224 777.
For more information contact:
Eurostar Press Office
t:0044 (0)20 7843 5500