Eurostar and toptable ‘Dine’ Together
21 Mar 2011
Eurostar Plus Partnership offers Customers Exclusive Discounts
Eurostar, the high-speed passenger service that links Britain and the continent is partnering with one of Europe's leading online restaurant booking services, toptable, to offer travellers unique discounts at 20 top restaurants in Paris, Brussels and Lille.
Launching on Friday 24 March 2011, the exclusive partnership with toptable forms part of Eurostar's successful Eurostar Plus programme to give passengers even more from their Eurostar ticket. The collection brings together a range of special offers and discounts under different categories including Plus Gourmet, Plus Points, Plus Shopping and Plus Culture.
To take advantage of the up to 50% discounts available, passengers simply need to visit www.eurostarplus.co.uk/gourmet to select their preferred restaurant; they are then transferred online through to toptable.com to book a table. To receive their exclusive discount passengers present their Eurostar ticket at the restaurant – it's as easy as that.
Reuben Arnold, Head of Commercial Development for Eurostar said: "Eurostar Plus is all about offering more than just a ticket to our passengers. We know that visiting restaurants and bars is one of the most popular activities with our customers, which is why the exclusive offers from toptable will be highly valued. Eurostar Plus will continue to grow across our destinations so we're excited by toptable's huge network of restaurants across Europe."
Arnaud Delange, Head of International Development at toptable said: "Eurostar not only brings people to Europe, today it inspires them to fully discover their destinations. Whether in Paris, Lille or Brussels, chances are Eurostar travellers will go out for lunch or dinner and toptable has some of the best restaurants and deals in each city and beyond. We are proud to be Eurostar's preferred partner for restaurants to enhance Eurostar travellers' journeys."
Tickets for travel from London to Paris and from London to Brussels start from £69 return and can be booked up to 4 months in advance.
For more information about Eurostar Plus, to book Eurostar tickets or purchase Eurostar gift vouchers visit www.eurostar.com or call 03448 224 777.
 Eurostar customer profiling survey 2009, 3,170 passengers onboard 60 trains between May-June 2009
Note to editors:
La Table du Baltimore - 50% off food
88 Bis Avenue Kléber, 75116, Paris
Lounge Royal - 50% off food
9 Rue du Général Lanrezac, 75017, Paris
Le Wagon Bleu - 50% off food
7 Rue Boursault, 75017, Paris
Les Alchimistes - 50% off food
16 Rue Favart, 75002, Paris
Le Privilège - 50% off food
8 Rue du Faubourg Montmartre, 75009, Paris
Casa Paco - 50% off food
13 Rue de Bassano, 75116, Paris
Le Paname - 50% off food
14 Rue de la Fontaine au Roi, 75011, Paris
La Bouteille d'Or - 50% off food
9 Quai de Montebello, 75005, Paris
Carré du Pou Volant - 50% off food
55 Rue de Bretagne, 75003, Paris
L'Orénoc - 50% off food
81 Boulevard Gouvion Saint-Cyr, 75017, Paris
Au Bout Des Doigts - 20% off food
5 Rue Saint-Joseph, 59000, Lille
Le 28 Thiers - 20% off food
26-28 Rue de Thiers, 59000, Lille
Zango - 20% off food
36 Rue de Gand, 59000, Lille
Les Remparts - 15% off food
Logis de la Porte de Gand, 59000, Lille
Clément Marot - 10% off food
16 Rue de Pas, 59800, Lille
La Clef des Champs – 10% off food and a free glass of champagne
23 Rue de Rollebeek, Brussels, 1000
Tour D'y Voir – 10% off food and a free glass of champagne
8-9 Place du Grand Sablon, Brussels, 1000
La Tortue du Sablon – 10% off food and a free glass of champagne
31 Rue de Rollebeek, Brussels, 1000
Jaloa Brasserie – 10% off food and a free glass of champagne
5 Place Sainte Catherine, Brussels, 1000
La Villette – 10% off food
3 Rue du Vieux Marché aux Grains, Brussels, 1000
About Eurostar Plus
Eurostar Plus launched in September 2010 to offer added value to Eurostar's leisure travellers. The Eurostar Plus collection includes Eurostar Plus Culture - 2 for 1 entry to some of Europe's finest museums and galleries, as supported by Jarvis Cocker, Eurostar's Cultural ambassador.
Travellers also have the option to register for Eurostar Plus Points, a straightforward, easy-to-use online loyalty programme where every online ticket purchase is rewarded with cash-back.
1. Eurostar is the high-speed train service linking St Pancras International, Ebbsfleet International, Ashford International, Paris, Brussels, Lille, Calais, Disneyland Resort Paris, Avignon and the French Alps.
2. Eurostar was established in 1994 as a partnership between three railway companies: SNCF, SNCB and LCR (London and Continental Railways). On 1 September 2010, Eurostar became a single, unified corporate entity owned by three shareholders: SNCF, SNCB and LCR.
3. The current Eurostar train was first introduced into service in 1994 carrying 750 passengers and operating at speeds of up to 300kph. Since then, the fleet of 28 trains has carried more than 100 million passengers between London and the Continent. Following their refurbishment these trains will continue to form a core part of the Eurostar fleet.
4. Eurostar is a founder member of Railteam, a partnership between Europe's leading high-speed train operators that is developing simpler ways to book and travel on the fast-expanding, European high-speed rail network.
5. Eurostar and Eurotunnel are entirely separate companies. Eurostar operates high-speed passenger trains, while Eurotunnel operates vehicle shuttle services and the Channel Tunnel itself. Eurostar is Eurotunnel's biggest customer.
toptable is a leading online restaurant booking service in the UK which features some of the top restaurants in over 15 countries.
In October 2010, toptable became a wholly owned business of OpenTable - a leading provider of free, real-time online restaurant reservations for diners and reservation and guest management solutions for restaurants. The company is headquartered in San Francisco, California, and the OpenTable service is available throughout the United States, as well as in Canada, Germany, Japan, Mexico, and the United Kingdom
For more information contact:
Eurostar Press Office
t:0044 (0)20 7843 5500