Exploring is beautiful
12 Jul 2010
Eurostar to launch a new integrated brand campaign, starting Saturday 17 July
Eurostar, the high-speed passenger service that links the UK with the Continent, will launch its latest brand campaign, "Exploring is beautiful" on Saturday (17 July). Born of the brand philosophy, "Always Moving Forward", the campaign is designed to inspire travellers to venture beyond Eurostar's core destinations and positions high-speed rail travel as the short-haul option for the future. The campaign is an invitation to explore Europe by Eurostar, using convenient high-speed rail connections.
Fully integrated, this campaign will be activated through a mix of TV advertising, radio, outdoor, online, CRM and social media. It will offer an inspirational take on destinations such as Lyon, Avignon in the heart of Provence and Cologne, which are all easily accessible by high-speed rail and a short train ride away from London St Pancras International[i].
"Exploring is beautiful" - TV[ii]
Reflecting the spirit of exploration, the creative is designed to capture people's imaginations. Directed by Fallon's Juan Cabral, it showcases a young girl's tenacity and inquisitiveness as she searches for animals that will talk to her. The ad acts as an emotional reflection of a Eurostar journey, where travellers begin exploring the moment they board the train. The end line, "Exploring is beautiful", communicates the brand ethos and acts as an invitation to start an exploration of one's own.
The TV ad will be broadcast nationally on both terrestrial and satellite channels from Saturday 17 July (media planning by Vizeum).
"Europe by Eurostar" online
From Saturday 17 July, Eurostar will launch a new social media platform, www.europebyeurostar.com. Created in partnership with social media agency We Are Social, the website will encourage people to further explore Europe and book their own get-aways. Visitors will have the option to post online their comments and tips once they've returned from their trip. As part of the campaign, Eurostar has also invited influential bloggers to guest post on the platform, sharing their experience from their visits to Europe.
Europebyeurostar.com will also host a competition to join a special Explorer Train for a complimentary two-day discovery in Lyon, Avignon, Cologne, Brussels & Bruges. To be in with a chance to win a seat on this train, participants will have to provide a picture of their own exploration trips. The best entries submitted will be entitled to two seats on the trip, which will take place from 24 to 26 of August.
The platform will be complemented by online banners, developed by Rapp, which will showcase the comfort and convenience of a high-speed rail journey to Europe starting with Eurostar.
"Exploring is beautiful" - outdoor
In parallel, the campaign will be supported by outdoor visuals, shot by the photographer Jesse Chehak. The visual will provide a closer look at the wide variety of destinations available.
"Exploring is beautiful" - radio
Kicking off last (24 July), the radio ads will showcase some of Eurostar's connecting destinations such as Cologne and Lyon. Continuing the exploration theme, the ads will provide an intriguing insight into these cities highlighting their proximity via high-speed rail. With Lyon only 5h04 minutes via Lille and Cologne only 4h11 minutes via Brussels with Eurostar, exploring these cities has never been so easy.
Eurostar's Director of Sales and Marketing, Emma Harris, said: "We have seen an increasing number of people using our services for connecting destinations in Europe. The volcano ash cloud has been an eye-opener for many, as thousands of stranded passengers discovered the comfort and ease of high-speed rail connecting journeys throughout Europe."
She added: "For the first time in our history, we wanted to focus our campaign on connecting destinations, beyond Paris, Brussels or Lille. Travellers can now book their journey from more than 200 towns and cities in the UK to more than a hundred destinations on the continent. Our Exploring is beautiful campaign will with no doubt inspire many more to follow in their footsteps".
To book a trip to more than a hundred destinations in Europe, including France, Belgium, the Netherlands, Germany or Switzerland, please visit www.eurostar.com or call 03448 224 777.
Note to editors:
1. Eurostar is the high-speed train service between the UK and mainland Europe, linking St Pancras International, Ebbsfleet International, Ashford International, Paris, Brussels, Lille, Calais, Disneyland Resort Paris, Avignon and the French Alps.
2. Eurostar is a founder member of Railteam, an alliance of Europe's leading high-speed train operators that is developing simpler ways to book and travel on the fast-expanding, European high-speed rail network.
3. Under its Tread Lightly environmental plan, Eurostar has set a target of reducing CO2 emissions by 35% per traveller journey by 2012, compared with 2007. Based on comparisons of actual load factors and specific energy data, a Eurostar journey generates just one-tenth of the carbon dioxide of an equivalent flight.
4. Eurostar is an entirely separate company from Eurotunnel. Eurostar operates high-speed passenger trains, while Eurotunnel operates vehicle shuttle services and the Channel Tunnel itself. Eurostar is Eurotunnel's biggest customer.
5. Eurostar fares start from just £69 return. Travellers can also buy connecting fares to the Continent from more than 200 towns and cities across the UK. Return ticket prices range from £72 and include Brighton from only £81 and Edinburgh from only £95. To book tickets or for more information, please visit www.eurostar.com or call 03448 224 777.
For more information contact:
Eurostar Press Office
t:0044 (0)20 7843 5500