Eurostar launches "Trip planner" on eurostar.com
5 Oct 2009
-- A unique, interactive tool to help travellers optimise on their holiday itineraries by mixing and matching inspiring ideas-- A travel portal dedicated to Eurostar destinations
Eurostar, the provider of high-speed, carbon neutral rail journeys between the UK and the Continent, has launched "Trip Planner" on www.eurostar.com/tripplanner. Trip planner is an interactive online tool which allows Eurostar travellers to discover a huge range of different possibilities of things to do and see to maximise on their trip and to create their own personalised itineraries. .
Available in English, French and Flemish, Trip Planner provides valuable information on Paris and London to first timers as well as appealing to regular visitors to the cities who long to sample something new and exciting. It gives visitors the best hotels, restaurants, bars, activities and sights as chosen by experts. It also provides sample itineraries, detailed information on attractions and venues and the local currency. Using the tool, visitors can mix and match ideas to quickly create bespoke itineraries according to their interests, or choose from set itineraries loaded on the site. And just one more click will create a handy print-out of their itinerary, including a map of their chosen venues and all the vital information such as opening hours, the nearest public transport and even the weather forecast.
Trip Planner is also a dedicated travel portal, which provides an easy to use central booking system for an upcoming trip: travellers can book their Eurostar travel as well as their accommodation, all in one place.
Nick Mercer, Eurostar's Commercial Director, commented: "On 14 November, we will be celebrating our 15th anniversary. Over the years, we have built an in-depth knowledge of the destinations we serve and we wanted to create a tool which would give us the opportunity to share this with our travellers. When time and money are precious, it is important that our travellers have the best destination information available. Trip planner helps to enhance the holiday experience for leisure visitors and will enable business people to maximise on the unexpected free time they may have when meetings finish early or they need to find appropriate venue for a meeting or meal at short notice."
Trip planner will be promoted on Eurostar.com and on bespoke emails to travellers.
Note to editors:
1. Eurostar is a joint venture of SNCF (French Railways), Eurostar UK Ltd (owned by London & Continental Railways) and SNCB (Belgian Railways). It provides high-speed rail journeys between St Pancras International, Ebbsfleet International, Ashford International, Paris, Brussels, Lille, Calais, Disneyland Resort Paris, Avignon and the French Alps.
2. Eurostar connects with domestic services in the UK and provides onward connections to destinations across mainland Europe. Travellers can buy connecting fares to the Continent from more than 200 stations with return fares from £63, including Brighton from £71 and Edinburgh from £92. Eurostar's lead-in fare of £59 return from London to Brussels and Paris has gone unchanged for more than six years.
3. Under its Tread Lightly environmental plan, Eurostar has set a target of reducing its carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions by 35% per traveller journey by 2012. Because emissions cannot yet be eliminated, Eurostar is also the world's first train operator to make all journeys carbon neutral, at no extra cost to travellers. Research commissioned by Eurostar in 2006 and repeated in 2009 has shown that a Eurostar journey between London and Paris/Brussels generates just one-tenth of the CO2 of an equivalent flight.
4. Eurostar and Friends of the Earth are working together in the UK on Eurostar's Tread Lightly initiative and Friends of the Earth's climate campaign. To find out more about Friends of the Earth visit www.friendsoftheearth.co.uk.
5. Eurostar is a founder member of Railteam, a partnership between Europe's leading high-speed train operators that is developing simpler ways to book and travel on the fast-expanding, European high-speed rail network.
6. Eurostar is an entirely separate business from Eurotunnel. Eurostar operates high-speed passenger trains, whilst Eurotunnel operates vehicle shuttle services and the Channel Tunnel itself. Eurostar is Eurotunnel's biggest customer.
7. To book tickets or for more travel information, please visit www.eurostar.com or call 08705 186 186.
For more information contact:
Eurostar Press OfficeEurostart:0044 (0)20 7843 5500e:email@example.com