Get set for the Eurostar 2008 Sales Awards!
10 Jul 2008
- Enter online at www.eurostarsalesawards.co.uk
Eurostar, the high-speed train operator linking the UK with the Continent, today launched its 2008 Sales Awards. The awards will celebrate and thank those individuals and organisations who have contributed to Eurostar's success over the last year.
There are ten Award categories open to nominees across the travel industry. This year an extra category has been added to recognise the company or individual who has made the greatest contribution to helping promote Eurostar's new high-speed services running on High Speed 1 from St Pancras International and Ebbsfleet International.
The awards ceremony will take place at London's East Wintergarden in Canary Wharf on 6 November 2008 – one year on from the royal opening of Eurostar's spectacular new London home St Pancras International.
HS1 and Beyond Award – new for 2008Best International Partner AwardBest Overseas Campaign AwardThe Tread Lightly Award - business marketsThe Tread Lightly Award – leisure markets Travel Management Team of the Year AwardOutstanding performance in Leisure Market AwardOutstanding Partnership AwardEurostar Ambassador AwardManager of the Year Award
The eventual winners will be decided by a panel of judges drawn from the great and the good in the travel industry, including: Mark Avery of PwC; Amadeus' Stephane Durand; William Maxwell of the ITT; Michael McCormack of Visit Britain; and Yahoo!'s Caroline Strachan.
The awards can be entered online at www.eurostarsalesawards.co.uk and the closing date for entries is Monday 8 September 2008. All short-listed nominees will then be invited – together with a guest of their choice – to attend the exclusive awards ceremony. Anyone can enter their company or a colleague. You can even nominate yourself!
Emma Harris, Director of UK & International Sales, said: "It has been an incredible 12 months for Eurostar: launching two new stations, high-speed services and carbon neutral journeys. Our traveller numbers are rising and, crucially, we are attracting new passengers from across the UK. None of this would have been possible without the help and support of our key partners from across the travel sector.
"The Eurostar Sales Awards are a great way to say thank you to all those people who have played a part in Eurostar's success – it will be a great night!"
Notes to Editors:
1. Eurostar is the high-speed train service linking St Pancras International, Ebbsfleet International, Ashford International, Paris, Brussels, Lille, Calais, Disneyland Resort Paris, Avignon and the French Alps.
2. Eurostar now has through fares deals with First Great Western, National Express East Anglia, First Capital Connect, Virgin Trains, National Express East Coast, East Midlands Trains, London Midland, Chiltern Railways and Hull Trains.
3. Ebbsfleet International in north Kent is close to junction 2 of the M25 and Bluewater shopping centre, and lies at the heart of a catchment of 10 million people. It offers seven trains a day to Paris and five a day to Brussels, with ample parking and taxi and Avis car hire facilities. Eurostar travellers can also connect with the station for free on Southeastern train services and Fastrack buses.
4. Ashford International in Kent provides three services a day to Paris, a daily service to Disneyland Resort Paris and seasonal weekly services to the French Alps and Avignon. The station provides ample parking and connects with domestic rail services.
5. Independent research has shown that a Eurostar journey between London and Paris generates one-tenth of the carbon dioxide produced by an equivalent flight. Under its Tread Lightly initiative, Eurostar has set a target of further reducing its CO2 emissions by 25% per traveller journey by 2012. Eurostar is the world's first train operator to make all journeys carbon neutral.
6. Eurostar is a founder member of Railteam, a partnership between Europe's leading high-speed train operators that is developing simpler ways to book and travel on the fast-expanding, European high-speed rail network.
7. Eurostar and Eurotunnel are entirely separate companies. Eurostar operates high-speed passenger trains, while Eurotunnel operates a vehicle shuttle service and the Channel tunnel itself. Eurostar is Eurotunnel's biggest customer.
8. To book through fares via Eurostar, or to find out more information, go to www.eurostar.com or call 08705 186 186.
For more information:Eurostar Press Office+44 (0)20 7843 firstname.lastname@example.org