Eurostar gets set for Confex 2007
5 Jan 2007
Eurostar, the high-speed train operator linking the UK with the Continent, is gearing up for International CONFEX 2007, the UK's leading event exhibition.
The exhibition, to be held at Earls Court, London from 20-22 February 2007, is a great opportunity for event organisers to speak to both Eurostar and its destination partners including Maison de la France, Disneyland Resort Paris and Brussels International. Eurostar can be found on Maison de la France's stand Y140.
At CONFEX, Eurostar's Group Sales team will be on hand to discuss Eurostar's unique offering for the group sales market. Group facilities are available for as few as 10 travellers to as many as required. Groups travelling with Eurostar enjoy an exceptional service that can be tailored exactly to their requirements, including:
--Use of the Group Welcome Desk at Waterloo International.--Group name tickets which mean that if someone drops out, another person can easily fill their place.--An exclusive carriage to kick off an event, start networking or get down to business in privacy, comfort and style.--Branding and entertainment in the terminal and on board to make the event truly unique.
Event organisers will also have the opportunity to discuss the launch of Eurostar services from St Pancras International on 14 November 2007. The switch from Waterloo to St Pancras International will see Eurostar journey times decrease to only 2 hours 15 minutes to Paris and 1 hour 51 minutes to Brussels. Visitors to the stand can also win a number of prizes including Group Select Eurostar tickets!
Jason Geall, Eurostar Head of UK Sales, said: "2007 is shaping up to be the most exciting year in Eurostar's history and International CONFEX is a great chance for event organisers to hear about what is in store. The Belgian Grand Prix and the Rugby World Cup in France are just two of the excellent opportunities for event organisers to work with Eurostar this year.
"Eurostar has a great groups product that can be individually tailored. We look forward to catching up with existing clients and to meeting new ones at what promises to be fantastic event."
For more information about group travel on Eurostar please visit www.eurostar.com/groups or call 0870 6000 777.
- ends -
1. Eurostar is the high-speed train service linking London, Ashford, Paris, Brussels, Lille, Avignon, Calais, Disneyland Resort Paris and the French Alps.
2. On 14 November 2007, Eurostar's London terminal will switch from Waterloo International to St. Pancras International. Journey times will reduce, with London-Paris down to 2h 15m, London-Brussels in 1h 51m and London-Lille in just 1h20m. Eurostar will also launch services from Ebbsfleet International, a new UK station near junction 2 of the M25 motorway, to Paris and Brussels.
3. Eurostar has won the title of "World's Leading Rail Service" for the last nine years at the World Travel Awards.
4. Eurostar and Eurotunnel are two entirely different companies with two different management teams. Eurostar is Eurotunnel's largest customer.
5. To book tickets for Eurostar, or to find out more information, go to www.eurostar.com , call 08705 186186 or contact your travel agent.
For more information:
Eurostar Press Office+44 (0)20 7922 firstname.lastname@example.org