Eurostar services to run as normal: 21-22 July and 27-29 July 2006
19 Jul 2006
Eurostar will operate a normal timetable between the UK and the Continent on Friday 21 - Saturday 22 and Thursday 27 - Saturday 29 July following the cancellation of planned strike action by Network Rail signal workers. Travellers should check in as normal.
- ends -
1. Eurostar is the fast train service linking London, Ashford, Paris, Brussels, Lille, Avignon, Calais, Disneyland Resort Paris and the French Alps.
2. In autumn 2007, with the completion of the UK high-speed line to London St Pancras, journey times will be reduced still further. London - Paris will be 2hrs 15mins, London - Brussels will be 1hr 51mins and London - Lille 1hr 20mins.
3. Eurostar has been named "World's Leading Rail Service" at the World Travel Awards every year since 1998.
4. Eurostar and Eurotunnel are two entirely different companies with two different management teams. Eurostar is Eurotunnel's largest customer.
5. To book tickets for Eurostar or to find out more information, go to www.eurostar.com, call 08705 186186, or contact your travel agent.